Toyota Nation Forum banner

Just Got my New PowerShot G7

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Wraith 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
Discussion starter · #10 ·
nodrogkam said:
the g7 is impressive but with all compact high mp cameras theres going to be issues.

great buy tho. I was almost about to buy one but i think im going to either wait for an S4IS or buy the XTi.

Cool night shots tho. I assume that was with a tripod.

Yes I used a tripod...
And I thought of buying an SLR like the Canon Rebel 400D or Canon EOS 5D. But instead I bought a High-End Advance Point-N-Shot because for the money its good enough for what I'm after... Plus Rebel XTi has just the Digic 2 vs G7's Digic 3 processor...

Think about it ... I got my G7 w/ Tripod, extra battery, 3 year extended warranty, mini desk tripod, 4GB SD HC and a 8GB SD HC memory card, Canon Conversion Lens adapter, Canon Semi Hard Leather case, Vanguard aluminum carry case, Canon Telephoto lense, Canon Wide angle lense, Fisheye Lense, and Canon SpeedLite 430EX. For less than what the rebel xti with standard lense and extended warranty and a $1500 dollars less than the 5D by itself...

All I'm saying is why buy an SLR if you aint a proffesional photographer or a advanced hobbist... When you can get just as good of a picture with a advanced point and shoot ...

Discussion starter · #14 · (Edited)
saybakgung said:
the 4gb and 8gb works with the canon? i remember buying my s3 and they said it wasnt good practice to use anything higher than 1gb

the new powershots take SD or SD HC (HC = High Capacity)
I called Canon Technical to clarify whats the max SD card I could go with.. They said if they ever make a 16GB SD HC card dont go above that ... But 8GB is well worth it ... Because I'm going to use this as a Digital Camera / Video Camera which is just as good as my freaking Panasonic PV-GS250 was... video quality wise

nodrogkam said:
the larger the memory card the slower read/write speeds tend to be. you pay a much higher price tag to get a large mem card with high read/write speeds. moreover, the % of memory you can use off of an advertised 4gb card is less than the % of memory you can use on a 1gb card.

The pro's of larger memory cards are you simply don't need to carry spares around.

And believe it or not, the brand of memory card actually makes a difference in the photos you store on them. (of course for the regular consumer it makes no difference at all).
Totally agreed with you on the memory cards... I used most SanDisk or Ultra's for my cameras but for my CellPhone I used Kingston or the other 2... But I buy my memory cards @ www.ZipZoomFly.com the 8GB cost me $119.99 USD shipped and the 4GB cost me $129.99 shipped...

Discussion starter · #21 ·
thanx for great comments man... I use to be a auto setting and shoot type of guy and always wondered why my pictures was always over exposed or blurry... But I'm slowly learn how to take better shots and using the speed shutter mode and custom settings on this PowerShot G7 which is been great soo far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.