Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
wow...160amps :thumbup:

haha...if you push this to the max, your car's going to sound great, but probably roll backwards down a hill.....:D

decent price too!

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive installed it and it works better than stock. lights are much brighter and puts out 15.0-15.2ish volts at around 1200 rpm. when idle (~750 rpm) it reads kinda low voltage though, like straggling 13 volts, but i guess thats just cause HO alts dont read too well at low rpms.

had it load tested at Auto Electric Systems (AES) and the guy told me it looked like it would max around 82 amps though...but amps only put out as much amps as is needed right?

how would i get it to read 160 amps or atleast 100 amps?

ive emailed the seller and he said hed send me another one on monday and provide the stamps for me to mail this one back, so iono

AES told me they could make me a 130 amp for $279.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
WhiteRabbit said:
ive installed it and it works better than stock. lights are much brighter and puts out 15.0-15.2ish volts at around 1200 rpm. when idle (~750 rpm) it reads kinda low voltage though, like straggling 13 volts, but i guess thats just cause HO alts dont read too well at low rpms.

had it load tested at Auto Electric Systems (AES) and the guy told me it looked like it would max around 82 amps though...but amps only put out as much amps as is needed right?

how would i get it to read 160 amps or atleast 100 amps?

ive emailed the seller and he said hed send me another one on monday and provide the stamps for me to mail this one back, so iono

AES told me they could make me a 130 amp for $279.

sounds like there's something wrong with it then

yes, alternators only put out as much as is drawn, but that's the point of getting it load tested so it can find out how far it can go when needed

and that sounds like a good seller to be willing to full responsiblity for his products :thumbup:

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just got the second alt the seller sent to me today. put it on and had it load tested at a different shop and it put out a little over 100 amps at 2000 rpm :D :cool:

not the 160 amps the site says its capable of but good enough for me! plus 160 amps out of this thing is a little farfetched anyway for its size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.