Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help ! I have called Toyota about whether or not this car is setup for keyless remotes , when I gave them the vin # its not shown on the options sheet however they told me if its a default option it may not show on the list . according to Edmonds.com it is a default option . When I look on Ebay for remotes they mention about a OEM version vs a Dealer installed rs3200 system . The car does not have the owners Manual and I can't find a damn thing of the web . If anyone out there can tell me anything it will be much appreciated . Can anyone tell me where to look in the car for the security / remote entry module ?

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,832 Posts
I have a 2001. I believe the keyless entry is default-and NOT an option. Sorry,I don't know where the module is located. I do have my owners manual though. the only thing I can find in it regarding the entry system is the FCC ID# : MOZ RI-8FTY
Don't know if thats any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RS3200 Plus

Help ! I have called Toyota about whether or not this car is setup for keyless remotes , when I gave them the vin # its not shown on the options sheet however they told me if its a default option it may not show on the list . according to Edmonds.com it is a default option . When I look on Ebay for remotes they mention about a OEM version vs a Dealer installed rs3200 system . The car does not have the owners Manual and I can't find a damn thing of the web . If anyone out there can tell me anything it will be much appreciated . Can anyone tell me where to look in the car for the security / remote entry module ?
I have a 2003 with the RS3200 plus security system There is a separate owners guide for this which provides all the details. The system is by Toyota and is called the VIR (vehicle intrusion system).

The owners guide is Rev.A 6/7/02. Hopefully you can find a copy. They list a number for questions related to the system 1-800-331-4331. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts