Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I just put my name on an 07 Tacoma 4x4, SR5 with 45000kms on it. It's in great shape and is a Toyota Certified used vehicle.

I want to get a leveling kit for it. I am eyeing this one on ebay. I am not up on lift/leveling kits. If I understand correctly, this kit will lift the front 2.5in and lift the rear to be level with the front. Is this correct? And how much would it come up in the rear but still stay level?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Toyota-Tundra-Ta...ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories#ht_1330wt_911

Thanks for any input.

p.s. If anyone in Newfoundland is looking for an 03 4-banger 4x4 XtraCab, I have one for sale.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Bilstein 5100's is it then. Thanks for that. I actually had those bookmarked from 8 months ago and forgot lol

Fellow Islander...small world haha Do you have those struts? Did you get them locally or even within Canada?

So if I got the front struts only, and maxed them out to 2.5 inches, that would make the truck level? How does one know how un-level is their truck?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats awesome news Brad!!
im also intrested in the Bilstein 5100's. I will let u do the research, Then u can pass the info on to me!!

thanks,
Doyle:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
The Bilstein 5100's is it then. Thanks for that. I actually had those bookmarked from 8 months ago and forgot lol

Fellow Islander...small world haha Do you have those struts? Did you get them locally or even within Canada?

So if I got the front struts only, and maxed them out to 2.5 inches, that would make the truck level? How does one know how un-level is their truck?

Thanks guys
Do you have the four leaf pack in the rear? If so, if you set the front at 1.75" that should be enought to level. If you go 2.5" the front will sit nose high.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the four leaf pack in the rear? If so, if you set the front at 1.75" that should be enought to level. If you go 2.5" the front will sit nose high.
I'm not sure, I don't have possession of the truck yet but that is the info I was looking for, thanks.

Doyle, I'll do your dirty work for a flask of Lamb's :cool:

I'll touch base with you next week about where to get shocks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm willing to bet that you have the 4leaf pack. I think that is common for the Canadian versions.
I went back to the lot today where I found the truck in the back with a SOLD sign on it. :D (sold to me that is lol)

It does have the 4-leaf pack. But I measured the distance between the front wheel and the top of the fender and compared that to the back. There was roughly a 3" difference. What am I missing here?

Thanks again

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello fellow maritimers.....one question...what does installing 5100's and raising the truck 1.75" do to the alignment? Danny and our guy Darrell will soon have Quebec straigtened out...wish Danny ran NS tho'!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello fellow maritimers.....one question...what does installing 5100's and raising the truck 1.75" do to the alignment? Danny and our guy Darrell will soon have Quebec straigtened out...wish Danny ran NS tho'!!!
LOL...Danny doesn't take any BS from Quebec thats for sure! lol Hopefully NF and NS will get connected by a nice long underwater extension cord carrying Churchill Falls power!

I have learned that even a 1.75" lift needs an alignment. You won't get away without it.

I'd like to know too will there be an increase in wear and tear with the 1.75 lift? and would there be more with a 2.5"?

·
Registered
163 Posts
LOL...Danny doesn't take any BS from Quebec thats for sure! lol Hopefully NF and NS will get connected by a nice long underwater extension cord carrying Churchill Falls power!

I have learned that even a 1.75" lift needs an alignment. You won't get away without it.

I'd like to know too will there be an increase in wear and tear with the 1.75 lift? and would there be more with a 2.5"?
Im kinda thinkin' yes to wear and tear..especially u-joints...maybe the reason I haven't done it. I think Ive read other posts about people getting vibrations and having to shim this and that
WHAT part of Newf are you from?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have heard both....some guys have issues (vibes) with the slightest lifts some don't. Wear and tear is on the CV shafts and ball joints from what I have heard.
Once I wear out my stock shocks I will get the billies and plan on setting them @ .85

·
Registered
163 Posts
Like I said...I haven't done it.....is it worth the risk...yeah it looks good raised up a bit, but in the long run is the expense of replacing ball joints, CV's, and U joints worth it..in my mind the answer is no...its like humans...if god wanted us to fly he'd have given us wings...lolol!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Like I said...I haven't done it.....is it worth the risk...yeah it looks good raised up a bit, but in the long run is the expense of replacing ball joints, CV's, and U joints worth it..in my mind the answer is no...its like humans...if god wanted us to fly he'd have given us wings...lolol!!
That is part of the reason I haven't replaced any of my stock stuff yet. I figure once i'm out of warranty, the trucks paid off, and stuff starts to need replacement I lift and upgrade to the TC upper control arms.

·
05 Tacoma V6 DC TRD
31 Posts
Maybe look in to a front diff drop for good measure. That will keep your CV axles at the right angle when jackin her up!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts