Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Staun Tyre Deflators came in the mail today. They come preset to deflate your tires automatically to 18PSI. I unscrewed the valve stem caps off and screwed these guys on. Came out about 3 minutes later and they were all done. Checked the tire pressure in each tire, and all four were either 17.6 or 17.7 PSI.

No more kneeling down by each tire and constantly checking it. :thumbup: :thumbup: way up!

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1slktoy said:
Did you find a good deal on the set?
I just bit the bullet and paid the 60$ everyone's asking. Yes they are pricey, but air down one time manually in 20 degree weather and you'll buy a set like I did. ;)

·
Official Lurker
114 Posts
Thanks for the test and results. I've been interested in these things, too.

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 05'
695 Posts
Great pick up Rodge!

I want these things soo bad, but 4wheelparts was selling it for 50 buckeroos!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've never really "aired" down below about 25 psi before. What do you guys do to get back to a gas station to air up when you air down to 20 psi and below? I've got Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains on stock rims and was wondering what a good psi (a range is fine) to air down to in mud and snow. Also, if I have to drive about 15 miles to an air pump, what speeds do you guys recommend?

-Barry-

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 05'
695 Posts
Jacobi said:
I've never really "aired" down below about 25 psi before. What do you guys do to get back to a gas station to air up when you air down to 20 psi and below? I've got Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains on stock rims and was wondering what a good psi (a range is fine) to air down to in mud and snow. Also, if I have to drive about 15 miles to an air pump, what speeds do you guys recommend?

-Barry-

Superflow MV-50, i use it everytime i go offroading, its better than paying 75 cents at a gas station. Can you believe this air compressor used to be $30!!!! thats until everybody found out about it and the company decided to jack up the prices.

http://4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=TRUCKACC&prodline=4039&catName=Truck+Accessories&man=GTA#

Yeah man, go down to 20 youll be ok.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jacobi said:

-Barry-
The only time I've ever aired down was at Paragon, but then again Paragon is VERY rocky so airing down is a good idea. However, at Paragon, you can either ask for an air up by a fellow wheeler or they have a free air station to fill up at.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When do you know you need to air down, when you start slipping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts