Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Spanky!
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i decided to get my windows tinted this past week. I mostly just wanted them to match the back. I took it in and tested the back windows and my back windows let in 24% light. So the closest we could get to it is the 20% 3M hybrid tint. After putting it on the fronts came out to 22%. which i pretty close. They persuaded me to a hybrid because it has a tanish look to it like the stock tint. The new carbon based material was blueish. If i wouldve put the Carbon on it not only wouldve been a different color but a alot darker because most of the time the 20% carbon comes out to be around 16%. So it woulda been darker. Heres some pics tell me wutcha think. the second pic is just of what my lights look like in the daytime off. and shes dirty

·
TN god
765 Posts
you should tint the windshield too.. it looks awsome, and cuts the glare a lot. i got the lightest tint, and you cant really tell unless you look for it, so the cops wont bother you.

·
Spanky!
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ive been thinking about the windshield. i think i might try it out and go with the 35% on it

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
how much did it cost. i'm gonna tinte my front windows on the ol access cab

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
81shark said:
how much did it cost. i'm gonna tinte my front windows on the ol access cab
I was quoted $100 to do the 2 windows on my access cab. It's not too bad but I don't know if that's an average price or not. They use all 3M stuff so letting us know that "20% 3M Hybrid" is a good match helps me out a lot. I plan on getting them done sometime before spring, no money to spend on myself right now.

·
Spanky!
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i probably got jipped then cuz i payed 90$ plus tax. they sayd if it ever bubbles or scratches they will replace it for free. does every place do that?

·
Registered
95 Supra/05 Tacoma
103 Posts
Got all my windows tinted for $115.
That for all the windows and windshield.
I went for the real dark look tho - got 4% tints up front, put 10% on the rear stock tinted windows to match, and 35% on the windshield. It looks real nice with the black pearl.

Ya most any tint shop will give you "warranty for life" on the tints.

John

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Got my two fronts for $45, they use Llumar which comes with a guarantee. Have it on two of my other vehicles and the tint still looks like new.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
you guys are nuts, tinting your windshields. and i mean that in the best possible way. :)

hyperlitewkbrdn. sweet looking truck!!

-Mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
looks good! did you have the toyota tint on the front windows? i ordered it from the factory, and realized how light the front tint is only after delivery. can you tint over the exisiting tint so its darker?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts