Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have these pair of headers and downpipe, they're only 2" for the outlet. I'm going to buy a catalytic converter and a catback.

The problem is this: the cat's inlet is 2.5" and outlet is 2.5" same with the exhaust. I'm coming to an assumption that my headers and downpipe won't bolt on properly because the downpipe is 2" whereas the cat is 2.5"

I want to hope that those inches just mean the diameter of the hole and not the size of the flanges where to put the bolts... thanks for the help guys sorry for a stuipd question...

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
495 Posts
That 2" pipe will just flow straight into the 2.5" piping. If every piece has been designed to bolt-on to stock exhaust systems, there's nothing to worry about. The only problem that may possibly arise but isn't highly likely is that you get cheaply made parts that don't seem to fit too well and may need slight modding. The chances of that have gone down a lot as eBay has aged and the rip-off exhaust system designers have gotten better and make some parts that are nearly identical to the high quality ones.

Reactions: itreflop117

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That 2" pipe will just flow straight into the 2.5" piping. If every piece has been designed to bolt-on to stock exhaust systems, there's nothing to worry about. The only problem that may possibly arise but isn't highly likely is that you get cheaply made parts that don't seem to fit too well and may need slight modding. The chances of that have gone down a lot as eBay has aged and the rip-off exhaust system designers have gotten better and make some parts that are nearly identical to the high quality ones.
alright thanks dude, I just wanted to make sure the bolt up holes match up and I don't get screwed outta my mine. I appreciate the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts