Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
AE92
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know that theres a swaps guide but i checked nd there was nothing in there sbout it soooo. My question is Does anybody know or have done Themselves a JZ swap in an ae92??
I just wanna know if it can b done...Thank You..

·
VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,017 Posts
Well I know that theres a swaps guide but i checked nd there was nothing in there sbout it soooo. My question is Does anybody know or have done Themselves a JZ swap in an ae92??
I just wanna know if it can b done...Thank You..
Not unless you've got serious monies.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Think about it. 1JZ/2JZ is a 6 piston engine that mounts in toyotas longitudinally and your AE92 is a FWD with a transversally mounted engine and thats only the beginning.

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
726 Posts
I think it's easier to make a custom chassis fot the JZ engine and the drivetrain en drape the AE92 body over that, than try to fit it all into the AE92 chassis.

Don't get me wrong, anything can be done if you have enough money and time. But have you ever seen the nose on the Supra? It's got a lot more room than the Corolla does.
The JZ engine is mounted lenghtwise with a gearbox behind it and rear wheel drive.

The AE92 chassis is made to accept an engine that is mounted from side to side with a transaxle gearbox and front wheel drive.

You can make anything fit, but you would have to seriously cut and weld the AE92 chassis and body. Everything would have to be custom!
I guess nobody has ever tried it, because this is a project for someone with some serious money to spend, way to much time on his hands and maybe even is a little nuts :D

·
Registered
AE92
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lmao..okay thank you all for your input nd info on the matter..Soo now that we are on the subject wat would be the most power output engine swap for my ae92??

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
726 Posts
3S-GTE hands down :clap:

Fensport had their 4WD Corolla E12 at 650+bhp! It was running 10's on the 1/4 mile.
That same engine was tuned even further and is swapped into their Celica. It is now running about 800bhp! :eek:
Their fasted time with that car at the 1/4 mile is now 9.74sec @ 149mph!

You could also swap a supercharged V6 in there. But there is not so much aftermarket support for that and I doubt it would reach those numbers with the same budget ;)

·
Registered
AE92
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So a 3s-gte what year model did that engine come in the celica??
soo u say the 3s-gte hands down?? cuss i also heard the 4a-gze nd the silvertop nd blacktop..
sooo my question is which of the for would u choose??

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
:facepalm: not that it isn't "possible" as we've seen 2JZ powered Tercel drag cars here, but there are better cars out there... RWD cars that you can swap this motor into without as much work as an AE92 would need.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble, but you arent going to turn an AE92 into a supra with just an engine swap... Kinda like you cant turn shit into chokolate. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
726 Posts
So a 3s-gte what year model did that engine come in the celica??
soo u say the 3s-gte hands down?? cuss i also heard the 4a-gze nd the silvertop nd blacktop..
sooo my question is which of the for would u choose??
You asked which engine, that you could swap into your AE92, would probably have the highest power output. Than it would certainly be the 3S-GTE, no question.
I believe the last generation of the 3S-GTE put out somwhere around the 250bhp mark stock and being a turbocharged engine, torque is readily available.
And it is still very tunable as Fensport has proven.
But at a cost. There will be some custom work involved and it will cost you much more than the other options.

There are other options yes. All the 4A-GE variants will defenetly fit the AE92 chassis without to much trouble.

If the question would be: 'What would give my AE92 the best bang for buck and least trouble with swapping?'
Than my answer would be: The 4A-GZE.
165bhp out of a stock engine with a nice little supercharger whine isn't bad. But the torque this thing makes is the dealmaker. 204Nm and available almost when you put your foot down will get your AE92 off the line pretty quick.
Still very tunable and pretty easy and cheap (as far as engine parts come cheap) to get over the 200bhp mark. Ideal to convert to turbocharging.

I even have a 4A-GZE laying around myself to swap into my AE92 Hatchback if I get around to it. :D

If the question would be: 'I want the easiest, most affordable and most documented swap witch the most wicked sound.'
Don't get me wrong. Although I might make it sound like it, it still won't be a walk in the park and done for a few buck's. Al thing are relative.

But than the 20V engines might be the swap for you.
The 20V engines are more advanced (especially the Blacktop), have good power output for their seize, are not hard to find and are very affordable, have ITB's and a wicked sound.
But after seeing several of them on dyno's, I must say that they don't always put out the power Toyota claims. 160bhp isn't always coming out of them. Besides, you really have to rev the pants out of them to get that power and that requires a certain style of driving.

So the choise really boils down to the budget and what you want. ;)

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
sorry... I have to do it....

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
you know there was a shop in thai land that did a 94 corolla converted it to RWD and dropped a 2jzgtte in it, IMHO if you want a 2jz then just sell your ae92 and buy ae86 then or shoot, buy a blown head gasket 89 supra and drop it in there... just looking into the basic of average ppls race funds, and thats prolly the best way, and 3sgte is still a hard swap to do as well. IMHO id just build a 4age 4agze BT ST or just go turbo on what ever motor you have, face it, corollas arnt high power, but its our lightness that murders on track.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts