Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 Access Cab 4WD 2.7L, and currently leaning toward K&N due to past success with them on my motorcycle, and old truck (02 Z71).

I've read positives and negatives on both. I'm really curious about warranty coverage from Toyota?

I was also wondering about tuners for the 2.7L.

Thanks in advance.

R/

Doc

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
you will not get a noticable HP save your money. Trust me. Get a nice bull bar and mount some fog on it or soemthing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma 4x4
28 Posts
I agree with lotust. Save your money. I have also heard of issues with the oil from the filter fouling the MAF sensor. If you are hell-bent on going to an aftermarket filter set up take a look at AEM. They make an oil-less system that claims the same gains as K&N and you don't have to deal with the messy oil.

Jeff
doc5339 said:
Have an 05 Access Cab 4WD 2.7L, and currently leaning toward K&N due to past success with them on my motorcycle, and old truck (02 Z71).

I've read positives and negatives on both. I'm really curious about warranty coverage from Toyota?

I was also wondering about tuners for the 2.7L.

Thanks in advance.

R/

Doc

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
doc5339 said:
What about gains in fuel economy?

I would bed IF ANY its not more than a fraction of a % of a MPG so say if I get 17.5 MAYBE JUST MAYBE if i install a K&N dirt picker upper Ill get 17.51 mpg.

Im witrh you man. I would love to see my 4cly go faster. but then again who buys a 4cyl truck to go faster.

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
I have a K&N 63 Aircharger. Its nice, loud when accelerate (also have a Mangnaflow), but I have NOT seen ANY gas mileage improvement or HP improvement. I knew going into it I might just be getting it to say I have one and for the noise. If you got the money go for it, but don't expect anything out of it. But... I don't believe anyone, including myself, has dyno'd with one off and then with it on. So hope that helps you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts