Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am looking at buying a cold air in take wich would be the best of the two. (K&N - AFE) Also if i do get a intake would i still need to get a air filter. Just wondering because k&N are cheaper but is afe better? I dont mind to spend the extra if it is worth it.

if it states it is for a v6 tacoma will it still work on the 4cyl? some of the people said they put one in on there 4cyl.
this is what i am talking about also i have a 2010 not 2009 for choice 2.

Choice 1

Choice 2

which would be better?

Thanks!!!

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
so it will fit on my 4cyl even though it is for v6?
sorry for all the questions just trying to learn.
No, it won't. You need to get the kit for the 4 cylinder. To be honest, if you're getting the Intake for more HP/MPG, it's a waste. All the CAI is good for is noise. If you want more MPG, the best way to do that is to be easy on the skinny pedal. If you want more power, you should have gotten a V6 as they have more options/parts available.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No, it won't. You need to get the kit for the 4 cylinder. To be honest, if you're getting the Intake for more HP/MPG, it's a waste. All the CAI is good for is noise. If you want more MPG, the best way to do that is to be easy on the skinny pedal. If you want more power, you should have gotten a V6 as they have more options/parts available.
I agree with NOhara. In general, the more air the more power, the less mpg. The "oiled" air filters are not that great for our systems. Had one in a previous Taco and it screwed up my MAF sensor. Took me awhile to figure out the sensor was slightly cover with the air filter oil.

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
The "oiled" air filters are not that great for our systems. Had one in a previous Taco and it screwed up my MAF sensor. Took me awhile to figure out the sensor was slightly cover with the air filter oil.
That and the actual filtrating ability on the K&N and other oiled filters is crap. They let some ridiculous amount of dirt through.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Choice 1 only lists V6 and choice 2 doesn't even list toyota. Better keep searching, but as others have said it's about the noise, you will not improve mpg and might see slight hp increase at high rpm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts