Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how most of you feal about K&N Cold Air Intakes but IFFFFF you had to choose one or the other which one would it be? K&N or TRD?
 

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
I run a K&N drop in filter in every vehicle I own. Haven't had any issues with the K&N filters, but when it comes time to put the CAI in my Tacoma it will be a TRD CAI.

Marc M
 

·
Official Misfit
2006
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
i'd save my money for something cooler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I jjust dont want to spend 400 on a Cold Air Intake that I dont know if it will even make any improvments.
 

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
More like $300.00, and it will improve the coolness factor, and make it louder under the hood.

Marc M
 

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Trd.
 

·
ENUFSEDTOY
2010 TACOMA 4DR
Joined
·
55 Posts
Trd

I have had them all volant,k&n and now trd ... i should have went with trd from the start ,was well worth the extra cash fitment.sound,and responce way better with trd...
 

·
2012 Camry 2.5
Joined
·
210 Posts
stock, your engine bay will stay cleaner and you cant flood it out as easy. you might get heat soak with the intake in the summer as well (sitting at a stop light making the engine work harder because its sucking in hot air from the engine bay)
 

·
Toyotanation
Joined
·
6,972 Posts
Subaruguy86 said:
stock, your engine bay will stay cleaner and you cant flood it out as easy. you might get heat soak with the intake in the summer as well (sitting at a stop light making the engine work harder because its sucking in hot air from the engine bay)
^^^:confused: :confused: :confused: ^^^^
 

·
club momentum moves you !
06 Tacoma X-Runner
Joined
·
456 Posts
im going with TRD :D cant go wrong with performance parts MADE for Toyota ! infact i just ordered it from ToyotaTerritory.com a min ago, i couldnt wait any longer !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Me too for TRD. K&N is over priced for something that is going to be sucking in warm air in the summer sitting at a traffic light.
 

·
Mountaineer
Joined
·
499 Posts
Subaruguy86 said:
stock, your engine bay will stay cleaner and you cant flood it out as easy. you might get heat soak with the intake in the summer as well (sitting at a stop light making the engine work harder because its sucking in hot air from the engine bay)

Your sig should read something like this. " Please do not listen to me, for I really do not know what I am talking about."
 

·
2012 Camry 2.5
Joined
·
210 Posts
Chipper57 said:
Your sig should read something like this. " Please do not listen to me, for I really do not know what I am talking about."
Yeah I should have said it will give you 500 more hp and a way cool sound...

You will experience a power loss in the summer while driving in town and the engine bay will get tons more dust and debris. and with CAIs theirs risk of getting them wet. but with a mall rated truck like yours and others like yours its cool:lol: ps fuck your sister lately?
 

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
Joined
·
2,960 Posts
Subaruguy86 said:
Yeah I should have said it will give you 500 more hp and a way cool sound...

You will experience a power loss in the summer while driving in town and the engine bay will get tons more dust and debris. and with CAIs theirs risk of getting them wet. but with a mall rated truck like yours and others like yours its cool:lol: ps fuck your sister lately?
OK badass.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top