Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this work in the Corolla XRS???

The Typhoon Kit from K&N says these are the applications for this model...

K&N Applications for 69-8613TS
Performance Intake Kit
Product Information and Specifications for K&N Part 69-8613TS

2009 TOYOTA MATRIX 2.4L L4 F/I - All CARB Exempt: No

2009 SCION XB 2.4L L4 F/I - All CARB Exempt: No

2008 SCION XB 2.4L L4 F/I - All CARB Exempt: No

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-8613TS

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Eeeh, I'd want to say no simply because our layout is different. The only way to know for sure is to buy and try. Maybe move a couple things.

Holy crap it weighs 10 pounds!

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eeeh, I'd want to say no simply because our layout is different. The only way to know for sure is to buy and try. Maybe move a couple things.

Holy crap it weighs 10 pounds!
Where is the difference other than the front grill / fender?

Matrix

Corolla

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES IT DOES FIT .. I have had this in my car for about 7 months now. It fit perfectly no moving anything.
Thats what I was waiting for!!!! Does it mess up your ECU (Check Engine Light comes on)? or does it work like a charm?

·
TOYOTA product advisor
2009 corolla XRS
258 Posts
works like a charm never had engine light come on... the only thing i did have was it comes with like this big black heat shieldbut when you rev the engine the mettle pipe rattles on the shield so i just took off the shield but other than that all the holes line up no problems AT ALL :D

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you could take a pic that would be awsome. I'm interested to see what it looks like in the XRS engine bay.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Oops, I skimmed over the Matrix listing because it was highlighted for an ad.

That, and I didn't know the Matrix was the exact same layout.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah wonderboy post a pic of it in the engine bay!!

btw does this void the warranty? and does TRD have an intake for the 2.4 corolla?

·
Registered
174 Posts
so wait.. technically, they can void the warranty (both TRD and/or Toyota) because this intake is not made for the 2.4 corolla engine, but rather the 2.4 Matrix... right?

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Matrix & Corolla have the EXACT same engine. Tuned the same way, same engine bay. They are the same car under the hood. So technically no they can't void the warranty. Besides it would only be voided if the dealer can prove that the SRI caused the problem. Installing one doesn't void the warranty on the whole car. Just something that may be directly affected by the intake.

Here is a hypothetical situation...
The K&N uses the stock MAF sensor.... And if the sensor gets damaged during the install or somehow during operation of the new intake, then the Dealer can say "Your MAF sensor is not covered by warranty anymore because the intake was installed improperly". It doesn't mean your vehicle is voided completely. Just the intake & MAF sensor in that situation.

So if you're worried about warranty issues, then way until your car is a little older before you do mods to it. But K&N said they will reason with the dealer and come to a conclusion that doesn't screw the owner

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
regarding voiding warranty, let us not all make this a guessing game. our opinions today will be so different when an 09 corolla owner with aftermarket intake goes back to the dealership to address his/her concerns related to malfunctions of the engine. have u not noticed yet that complains as simple as rattles and noises and wind sound inside the cabin are being denied repair service?

how much more when it comes engine problems that has aftermarket intake? its like giving toyota a reason to void your warranty. wait till your warranty expires then put into your corolla whatever your heart pleases.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts