Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
93 Camry LE 5S-FE
93 Camry LE
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Toyota/Camry/Suspension/Suspension_Kits
I never knew anything like this existed. Im probably a little late as usual tho. I guess its probably because they cost about $3500. Nobody really wants to spend as much for suspension as they did for their car.

Well I do! Ok.. Well not really but I want these. Ill start saving now. maybe Ill have them one day. :D
Anyone have these or know someone who Does? Im very interested in the ride quality. Im sure its amazing.

Id be interested to know the weight of these Vs. the Tokicos & Eibachs Im running now.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I know theyre other companies that will develop custom kits for you. UAS for example. Here's a Gen 5 with a kit. Yes, he's on TN. :) View his other videos... he goes over alllllllll the parts of the system. And i'm sure the compressor and lines add a good amount of weight.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I wonder too. If the airbags go in like a complete shock/spring assembly, then EVERYTHING else would be easy to do by yourself with instructions. I'd love to see the price go down though....

I'd like a set myself. Adjustable ride height at the press of a button sounds GREAT. I wonder how the ride is though.

·
Registered
1992 SE Camry V6
120 Posts
They have a list of good things for our Gen's.....:eek:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I wonder how much of those pics are just "stock" photos instead of what we'd actually get in a kit. Because those brakes.... wow.

·
93 Camry LE 5S-FE
93 Camry LE
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah Im interested to know the ride quality too. Im sure its pretty nice. The bags dont have to do much work with the shock in place. Id think the bags would be a bit cushionier than springs. (LMAO making up words again) I REALLY want these. I wonder how long it'd take me to save that kinda cash??

·
93 Camry LE 5S-FE
93 Camry LE
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have a list of good things for our Gen's.....:eek:

Yup I noticed that. This stuff is top notch at a top notch price too. Ohh and I didnt see the rotors. How much were those running Im guessin like $400? :ugh3:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Those brake kits are like $1500....

·
Registered
2000 Solara
252 Posts
:eek: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Toyota/Camry/Suspension/Suspension_Kits
I never knew anything like this existed. Im probably a little late as usual tho. I guess its probably because they cost about $3500. Nobody really wants to spend as much for suspension as they did for their car.

Well I do! Ok.. Well not really but I want these. Ill start saving now. maybe Ill have them one day. :D
Anyone have these or know someone who Does? Im very interested in the ride quality. Im sure its amazing.

Id be interested to know the weight of these Vs. the Tokicos & Eibachs Im running now.
makes for a really nice (and adjustable) ride. Every little bump is literally whooshed away. I've got an older buick that will be getting a full air ride set up - not sure how it'll take, but looking forward to driving it when it's in.

3,032 Posts
All I've ever heard from air type suspensions were complaints.
Suspension being super stiff, ride being harsh and uncomfortable, hitting bumps are like hitting potholes.
I've also heard they're very prone to exploding when you hit potholes/bumps really hard.
Being that K-Sport is a cheap brand in the coilover world, I wouldn't expect too much of anything out of that setup.

·
Registered
2000 Solara
252 Posts
All I've ever heard from air type suspensions were complaints.
Suspension being super stiff, ride being harsh and uncomfortable, hitting bumps are like hitting potholes.
I've also heard they're very prone to exploding when you hit potholes/bumps really hard.
Being that K-Sport is a cheap brand in the coilover world, I wouldn't expect too much of anything out of that setup.
That's interesting, I've heard the opposite.

They've been used for many, many years - I think a lot of the lincoln towncars used them, and on 18wheelers for at least 30 years...

the only down side, from what I understand is, after 10 or so years, your bags can leak...

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
I wish I had the money to buy a new car. Then I could just make this one a beast. :D
well then save up for the air suspension and then say f**k it and put a nice down payment on a new DD and use half of that to get a good CO setup and really enjoy the handeling:thumbsup:.

ive seen that before but never herd of anyone using it. however...any of you vets remember "baggedcamry" or something like that? he had a gen3 with bags. not sure if it was pieced together or this kit.

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
ive seen that before but never herd of anyone using it. however...any of you vets remember "baggedcamry" or something like that? he had a gen3 with bags. not sure if it was pieced together or this kit.

You can actually still find his profile on cardomain...I looked at it the other day...

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
JEEZ.... at full lift he's still lowered A TON.

edit: Apparently that kit sucks. Same guy.... 2 struts in less than a year? No way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts