Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so anyway, i've been having this issue lately when arming the truck, it will honk sometimes and other times it doesn't. (I have it set to honk (beep) on arming and disarming.)

When attempting to arm, it will fail to Honk and the LED light will not flash as it would normaly when armed, but the blinkers will flash as normal, and the locks will engage.

The other weird thing is that sometimes when i do get it to arm properly (honking + flashing LED) it will actually disarm itself after about 10 to 15 minutes. I heard it disarm itself while watching TV the other night.

When I went to check on the disarming, the locks were engaged, but it appeared to be disarmed as there is no flashing LED.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Yeah, so anyway, i've been having this issue lately when arming the truck, it will honk sometimes and other times it doesn't. (I have it set to honk (beep) on arming and disarming.)

When attempting to arm, it will fail to Honk and the LED light will not flash as it would normaly when armed, but the blinkers will flash as normal, and the locks will engage.

The other weird thing is that sometimes when i do get it to arm properly (honking + flashing LED) it will actually disarm itself after about 10 to 15 minutes. I heard it disarm itself while watching TV the other night.

When I went to check on the disarming, the locks were engaged, but it appeared to be disarmed as there is no flashing LED.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
what is a KARR ?

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the brand name of the alarm, something the Dealer put in.

·
Rad Red Prerunner
579 Posts
It happens to my girlfriends rav4 too. No clue why! But sometimes it honks and arms, and sometimes not, and sometimes disarms itself. WIERD! No idea why.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Karr isn't a good alarm anyways. Its just a noise maker. Really its just a keyless entry system with honking features and a starter kill. Just get rid of it and buy a real alarm that does other features.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ive been told by several different dealers that if I put in an aftermarket alarm system, that it voids the electrical portion of the extended warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts