Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Camry 2.2 w/ 3̶6̶5̶K̶ 380K miles
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really hate to reactivate this thread. The problem is, I am having this same issue and I don't know where to search for the resolution. A few hours ago I had dealt with this same problem with the driver door in my 01 Camry. For so long, the issue persisted and I ignored it. It wasn't until I'm 5 minutes from clocking back in from lunch that upon rolling it up, it decided to shatter to pieces all over me, the car next to mine, all over the ground, and inside my car with new interior. I replaced the whole door shortly after... Taking an emergency leave from my work (raining hard outside and no window). It seems the door I got, has the same issue but a lot less bad. It's aligned in the track system, the regulator is seated in the door correctly; I have basically done everything I could think of. Should I put a grease or lubricant in the track that's closest to the side mirror to correct it? Do I need to reposition the track system somehow? Any help would be appreciated on this issue,

Like I said, I am sorry to reactivate this thread.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,311 Posts
Welcome to TN. I went ahead and created a new thread as the one you posted in hasn't been updated since 2006.

The issue you have isn't a new problem. It's actually a common issue on many newer Toyota models.

What happening is that the window regulator assembly has a weak point in the design.

I noticed that the "X" that goes up and down is thinner material and tends to bend. But, if this isn't happening to you, then it's likely going to be the glass bolts.

Does the window tilt in towards the mirror and pops out of the frame at the top of the door frame by the b post? If yes, then it's a window regulator issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.