Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people have been buying the cheap Chinese players, but I just bought the double DIN Kenwood DNX6960 for my Matrix so I thought that I would share a few pics. I love this unit & I would love to put one in my Corolla too. It cost more but the features & quality are excellent. :thumbsup:

Features include:
Garmin GPS - Built in
iPod Control - A must feature for me as I love my iPod & iTouch
DVD/CD Player
SAT Radio - I didn't hook this up as my iPod has all my favorite music on it for free. :D
BT For Phone - Built in
Aux Input on Front
USB Connection
Input for Video from iPod or other external source
AM/FM Tuner
HD Radio - Optional
6.1" screen
Changeable Color to match car dash

iPod

Garmin GPS

Source Screen

DVD Player

·
Registered
2010 corolla s
671 Posts
hmm i really love the ipod feature. it actually displays the album artwork and everything. how much did this run you?

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Wow I saw this at best buy and thought it was cool but i dont remember the price...how much? I love how kenwood uses garmin:thumbsup:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm i really love the ipod feature. it actually displays the album artwork and everything. how much did this run you?
Wow I saw this at best buy and thought it was cool but i dont remember the price...how much? I love how kenwood uses garmin:thumbsup:
I got it for $999 & there is also a $100 rebate on it. I found it for even less on line, around $789, but they weren't an authorized dealer so the warranty wasn't as long & the rebate wasn't on top of that price. It came with a 2 year warranty. It also had a promotion and came with a free back up camera. :thumbsup: It's a very cool feature & gives a very good wide image. I'll have to post pics of that when I can. So with the free back up camera & rebate I felt I was doing okay plus I got the 2 year warranty.

I have loved my Garmin GPS units & that is why I love this unit too. I read nothing but great reviews from other owners so I felt safe doing it. It was more but worth every penny. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got it for $999 & there is also a $100 rebate on it. I found it for even less on line, around $789, but they weren't an authorized dealer so the warranty wasn't as long & the rebate wasn't on top of that price. It came with a 2 year warranty. It also had a promotion and came with a free back up camera. :thumbsup: It's a very cool feature & gives a very good wide image. I'll have to post pics of that when I can. So with the free back up camera & rebate I felt I was doing okay plus I got the 2 year warranty.

I have loved my Garmin GPS units & that is why I love this unit too. I read nothing but great reviews from other owners so I felt safe doing it. It was more but worth every penny. :D
Was it plug and play? Can you use the steering wheel controls? Any DIY?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts

I wish I could afford it even with a job its like wow thats expensive..for me:headbang: Do you recommend any other models/brands?

looks great Jim!! Chalk up another "I want one" for me on your mod list!
I kinda wish he would stop before I will go bankrupt in the near future:lol: but yeah it does look great

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Loooks great! Would you want any other feature on it that it doesn't already have?

I know you have the JBL and BT for your S right? Will this h/u be compatible with it? As well as the steering wheel controls for both audio and BT?

Thanks in advance Jim! :thumbsup:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was it plug and play? Can you use the steering wheel controls? Any DIY?
Thanks in advance.
This was installed in my 07 Matrix which doesn't have steering wheel controls. I was told that it is able to be used with them though.

Loooks great! Would you want any other feature on it that it doesn't already have?

I know you have the JBL and BT for your S right? Will this h/u be compatible with it? As well as the steering wheel controls for both audio and BT?

Thanks in advance Jim! :thumbsup:
This has everything that I would want for my Corolla except one thing, which is the ability to use my steering wheel BT controls. The stereo controls can be used okay. :thumbsup:

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts