Toyota Nation Forum banner

281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Thank you. It's hard to beat the Sierra Nevada for alpine-type hiking and climbing. Heading back to Horseshoe Meadows in a few weeks after the snow is cleared from the road, and also rock fall damage is repaired. Some great hikes starting out from there, and also from Onion Valley. Nothing better than getting up to some of the lakes around 12,000 feet in early summer, still crisp and cold, the snow melt still running strongly, and the wildflowers at that altitude are just starting to bloom. Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Is your sister in the pics? Such a wonderful place to be for sure.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Is your sister in the pics? Such a wonderful place to be for sure.
She's in some. Thankfully, she handles altitude well too, so she can keep up. She draws the line, though, at climbing, although she does trust me to rig her up with a climbing harness and such. It was a good time.

·
Registered
808 Posts
She's in some. Thankfully, she handles altitude well too, so she can keep up. She draws the line, though, at climbing, although she does trust me to rig her up with a climbing harness and such. It was a good time.
Glad to hear you had a great time, and you probably needed every bit of it (ended too soon).
Nice looking pics too. I love how blue that sky is.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Picking up this pair of more casual boots. I've always been partial to square toe and suede. My dress boots are a much darker suede and more decorated, but anyway these will be for everyday use. :smokin:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Boots, you say? These Danners are on my feet all day every day. I have two pairs and do not own any other footwear of any kind. Unless you count socks. :)

I have a hard time finding something I can wear on my feet all day everyday. Probably due to flat feet. I wear several pairs of shoes (soft sole) and my old Dickies boots have worn out soles (worn almost smooth) but are kind of comfortable.

·
My Other Truck
3,780 Posts
I have a hard time finding something I can wear on my feet all day everyday. Probably due to flat feet. I wear several pairs of shoes (soft sole) and my old Dickies boots have worn out soles (worn almost smooth) but are kind of comfortable.
I have flat feet / fallen arches and have needed orthotic arch support inserts in my boots for several years. Possibly a result of too many years on my feet most of the time at work, and sometimes up a pole for long periods of time. Had Wesco line boots (Highliners) back in the day. Maybe you can find some inserts that will help. I had to experiment to find some, and what worked a few years ago isn't good for me anymore.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
You probably have a derringer in both your boots!
:lol:

No guns, but I do carry a knife in one boot when I wear them, dressed nicely or not. :)

Well sir, I ain't a cowboy! :D

Guns yes, horse no. :lol:
We need to get you up onto a horse and complete the picture. Horse, guns, boots, and women, just kind of complete the cowboy. :D

One word in work boots for comfort: Red Wings. :)

281 - 300 of 333 Posts
About this Discussion
332 Replies
14 Participants
TrailDust
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing