Toyota Nation Forum banner

301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
My Other Truck
3,780 Posts
Their website might tell you where they are made. Here's what Danner says about mine:

Made in USA with Imported Components

We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That's too bad, I didn't know that. Been a while since I bought a pair, but good to know. Dang!
Their website might tell you where they are made. Here's what Danner says about mine:

Made in USA with Imported Components

We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Nice, but they ain't cowboy boots. :D
Them's steel toed butt kickin boots son. :lol:

I wear steel toed boots of similar style to that but I have to keep the upper laces untied and tie them at the ankle instead to allow my feet to breath. I also have steel toed work boots that go up near my knees but they're not as comfortable and I have to lysol them daily due to all the sweat so they smell ok the next day. They said they were waterproof but when I got stuck in the mud I think it stretched the leather away from the soles and my tippies got soaked. I have flat feet and need memory foam inserts as well.

·
My Other Truck
3,780 Posts
Them's steel toed butt kickin boots son. :lol:

I wear steel toed boots of similar style to that but I have to keep the upper laces untied and tie them at the ankle instead to allow my feet to breath. I also have steel toed work boots that go up near my knees but they're not as comfortable and I have to lysol them daily due to all the sweat so they smell ok the next day. They said they were waterproof but when I got stuck in the mud I think it stretched the leather away from the soles and my tippies got soaked. I have flat feet and need memory foam inserts as well.
Close, but no cigar today, sorry. :) Steel toes are an option I did not go for. When I was working, steel toes were not allowed because of electrocution hazard. Hells fire, if you got that close to power, you're fried anyway, steel toes or not. My old Wesco Highliners were 16" and were up near my knees too. Not waterproof though, and I used a Peet boot dryer. Great item to have, I still use it.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Kev likes square toed boots with two sharp angles at the tip so one for each nut then when perp is laying sideways another kick just for good measure hitting the prostate and poop shoot. :lol:

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I got kicked in corn cob alley by some kid in school wearing cowboy boots with full points back when I was about nine. Couldn't sit down or shit normally for about a week after that. Learned two things: Never let Kenny get behind me when I insult him, and if you can't kick someone in the balls with your boots then aim for the poop chute and still put the hurt on them.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Kenny got his karma guaranteed! I don't know how but he did get dealt with. Mess with kids like that and it does come back on you somehow.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Picking up this pair of more casual boots. I've always been partial to square toe and suede. My dress boots are a much darker suede and more decorated, but anyway these will be for everyday use. :smokin:

Two more days till delivery....

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I think I finally encountered something that Maria and I would disagree on completely. :D I'm a Spanish style man, inside and outside a home. I like austere decorations too, but I prefer interior design and decoration much more along the lines of Hearst Castle. All that concrete in Maria's house makes it look cold, like an ICBM silo. Guess this is where a his and her houses comes into play. :lol:

301 - 320 of 333 Posts
About this Discussion
332 Replies
14 Participants
TrailDust
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing