Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My key fob fell under my driver seat on the left side and is stuck under some kind of plastic cover I can't fit my hand into. Is there any way to remove the cover to get the key?

Edit: Here is a photo of the cover it is stuck under. There is only a hole on the left side which I can't fit my hand into and the key is in the middle of this plastic cover.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My key fob fell under my driver seat on the left side and is stuck under some kind of plastic cover I can't fit my hand into. Is there any way to remove the cover to get the key?

Any photo? Can you move the seat out of the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pop open that clip and use a magnet on a stick to get the key out.
Thanks I popped the clip out and was able to lift it up to get the key out. The clip fell somewhere trying to pop it back in and I lost it in the process lol

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,249 Posts
Thanks I popped the clip out and was able to lift it up to get the key out. The clip fell somewhere trying to pop it back in and I lost it in the process lol

hah.. you can buy another one from any auto shop.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,249 Posts
I wonder what is under that cover. I lost my credit card under that thing and had to use a piece of tape to get it out.

There was another thread about this. Something to do with the adjustable front seats. Some trims have the cover, others don't.

·
Registered
186 Posts

That’s another place where a magnet retriever will save the day. They are very handy to have around the house for dropped things. They make another type with 3 tiny fingers that open on the end of a sprightly rod got non magnetic retrieval. Both are cheap and very handy. Auto parts stores , Amazon EBay ect. Cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was a victim of the under seat plastic covering as well, losing your credit card to that makes your whole day go to crap... especially when you're waiting to pay in the drive thru lane of a fast food restaurant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pop open that clip and use a magnet on a stick to get the key out.
You are a lifesaver I just got my 2019 and was in a movie theater parking lot crying like omg this can only happen to me! I called Toyota care they told me two hours because it was one in the morning. Thank God for little worker angels like yourself and google. Blessings all 2020!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Edit: Here is a photo of the cover it is stuck under. There is only a hole on the left side which I can't fit my hand into and the key is in the middle of this plastic cover.

Thanks for being the hero and asking first I found this when I was in a panic. I appreciate you!

·
Registered
505 Posts
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm thinking of keeping a T50 bit and a ratchet in my car, just in case it does happen and I need to remove the seat, heh.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my TechStream software up and running so I went out the other night to turn the damn seat belt reminders off. When I was done, I cleaned everything up but couldn't find my key. I knew it was in the car but couldn't find it anywhere. I had the key in my sweatshirt but at some point it fell out and slid under the seat. I spent nearly an hour trying to find it (it was 12 degrees out - I wasn't amused). I wound up using a borescope to look under the seat and finally found it under that plastic piece. I wasn't able to get it out using magnets or anything else. I had to pop the clip and lift the plastic from the back seat. Has anyone tried putting a piece of tape the length of that piece so that nothing else can fall in there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts