Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Rav4 Limited. 3 button rectangular remote with slide out key.

I have only one remote. What is the most economical way to have a back-up plan to unlock and start the car if I were to lose the key fob?

thanks!

(also, is it possible to search within a sub-fourum)

·
Registered
14 Posts

I have only one remote. What is the most economical way to have a back-up plan to unlock and start the car if I were to lose the key fob?

thanks!

My daughter has a 2011 RAV4 Limited with the V6 and 4 hours away at college. I was made aware by the dealer today that even though the key opens the door you will need to start the car.

That said it’s $197.00 to a purchase a keyfab and have the dealer program it. Unfortunately they told me that the car has to be in their presence to program it.

Good Luck

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,653 Posts
My daughter has a 2011 RAV4 Limited with the V6 and 4 hours away at college. I was made aware by the dealer today that even though the key opens the door you will need to start the car.

That said it’s $197.00 to a purchase a keyfab and have the dealer program it. Unfortunately they told me that the car has to be in their presence to program it.

Good Luck
Welcome to the forums! :)

According to this website, it's possible to program the additional key fob using the process described on their website. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,653 Posts

thanks!

I'm not sure about searching a sub-forum since the change over. I usually try using google and entering the website in the search parameters. ;)

Based on these directions, you should be able to purchase a spare key fob and program it yerself. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts