Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VinceLan
avalon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just lost one of my two keys and remotes. anyone out there know how I can get a replacement key and what the programming sequence would be?..for a good price...the dealer rates are incredibly high....

thanks!!!:sosad:

·
LoyalToyoTekkie
2001 Toyota Avalon
15 Posts
E-bay was the way for me.

I purchased the remote transmitter and transponder key for my 02 Sequoia on ebay for about $25.00 TOTAL (including shipping). I figured I would go to the dealer for the programming but they wanted to charge me $80.00 (the key and the remote transmitter each have to be programmed). I found, by the grace of GOD I am sure, someone here at this site that had the program for each. I programmed the key but am having difficulty programming the transmitter. I realized (after) that a lot of e-bay sellers offer programming codes with the keys and remote transmitters. Hope this helps you!

Robert

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix
107 Posts
2005 model toyotas with transponder systems are now programed using a scan tool, not with the gas & brake pedals on peviouse model years.

·
VinceLan
avalon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mickeyd said:
2005 model toyotas with transponder systems are now programed using a scan tool, not with the gas & brake pedals on peviouse model years.
Thanks!! a local lock and key store is indicating that they have the tool but usually when folks come in with ebay keys they dont work?:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
mickeyd said:
Say it isn't so!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a toyota sequoia 2004 sr5 model, lost remote key, I do have a FCC Id: Elvat1b key, it appears it is the one that comes from the dealer with the three buttons and green light, how do you program this one, I have been to various website with instructions and none of them seem to work, if you have it could someone share it with me or email them to me on [email protected], thanks, Also I am not sure if this is the one that should be with my 2004 Sequoia I am thinking it should have the FCC ID: HYQ12BAN does anyone know which FCC comes with which model Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts