Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 camry that im working on and the the key is stuck in the ignition. I can take the battery loose and the key will come out. But I have to do this everytime I put the key in. What needs to be fixed and where would it be located?

I dont think the ignition key switch is bad but there seems to be something electrical wrong, hence taking the battery loose will allow me to get the key out.

1992 toyota camry le
4dr, 4cyl 2.2l engine

The car was in a small wreck only the hood, headlight, and fender damaged. I have fixed all of that and thats when I noticed the key problem.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Toyota Addict
96 Camry
13 Posts
If the car is an automatic and the shifter is not in park or neutral I'm pretty sure you can't turn the key all the way to the off position for removal, just to accessory. It's a safety thing but I could see where removing power would defeat that safety function. I'd say get the toyota electrical book/diagrams for your year check the shifter position switch and all electrical connections relating to it if it's an automatic, initially focusing on things around where the impact and repairs were done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts