Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This just started. Very disturbing because I live and travel in a very remote area. Went out to start my truck yesterday and the key wouldn't turn. Jiggled the steering wheel, which was not locked and then it locked. Opened the driver's door and closed it, did some other nonsense moves and then the key/ignition worked. Next time I tried to start it the same thing happened, eventually it turned. NEXT time I started, it no problem. This last time, while just sitting in my driveway, and to see if it had anything to do with the child lock, I attempted to turn the key a bunch of times. It stuck again, got it to turn a few times then it would NOT again. WD'd it, no change (have no graphite).

And it is the only vehicle available to me!

HALP!

Stranded...

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
8,281 Posts
Do you have another key and does it do the same thing. Also take the key off a key ring.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
8,281 Posts
If the other key acted the same then there's a decent chance the ignition tumbler is worn out, or close to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I tried another key. OK will go take it off key ring although it has ALWAYS been on the key ring. THANK YOU!
OMG it WORKED! You are a genius! BLESS YOU! :)
Don't know if any of this matters but both keys were on rings with a remote lock thingie. ONE key worked when I took it off the ring, the other still does not work. The key that worked is less worn than the one that still won't turn, and it still just a tad balky.
More suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG it WORKED! You are a genius! BLESS YOU! :)
Don't know if any of this matters but both keys were on rings with a remote lock thingie. ONE key worked when I took it off the ring, the other still does not work. The key that worked is less worn than the one that still won't turn, and it still just a tad balky.
More suggestions?
Wondering if I should get new factory keys, new ignition lock, yada????

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
8,281 Posts
If the one key works fine then just get yourself a back-up key made. If you want any key on a ring just limit the weight and bulk on the ring. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts