Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Recently my alarm/keyless entry began acting funny. Since I have purchased the car 2 months ago the car would flash the parking lights once and beep once when locking the doors with the keyless (this seems normal). However, last weekend the car started acting up and when I would exit the car and press the lock button on the key fob, the car would do it's little beep and flash the lights and then 3 seconds later it would beep and flash the lights AGAIN. Today it changed once again and when I pressed the lock button, the car doors would lock (I could hear the click) but the parking lights did not flash and it did not make the little beep. The unlock function has never changed; it flashes the lights and beeps twice when you press unlock on the key fob (once for driver door; twice for all doors).

Anyone have any thoughts on what may be causing this? Obviously I will be visiting the dealer, but I wanted to see if there were any thoughts on a cause.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
377 Posts
All,

Recently my alarm/keyless entry began acting funny. Since I have purchased the car 2 months ago the car would flash the parking lights once and beep once when locking the doors with the keyless (this seems normal). However, last weekend the car started acting up and when I would exit the car and press the lock button on the key fob, the car would do it's little beep and flash the lights and then 3 seconds later it would beep and flash the lights AGAIN. Today it changed once again and when I pressed the lock button, the car doors would lock (I could hear the click) but the parking lights did not flash and it did not make the little beep. The unlock function has never changed; it flashes the lights and beeps twice when you press unlock on the key fob (once for driver door; twice for all doors).

Anyone have any thoughts on what may be causing this? Obviously I will be visiting the dealer, but I wanted to see if there were any thoughts on a cause.

Thanks,
Bryan
Do you get the same situation when you use the lock button on the driver's side door handle? That is what I use 95% of the time to lock mine.

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts