Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018 4Runner Limited with an intermittent problem. Keyless entry doesn't consistently lock by pressing the door handle detent. Can lock with the fob when this occurs.

Still under warranty but of course never occurs at the dealership. Dealer will need to perform a 3-4 hour system diagnosis so just trying avoid most of the day at the dealer if someone has had the same problem or idea how to fix.

Thanks!

·
3,406 Posts
Have a 2018 4Runner Limited with an intermittent problem. Keyless entry doesn't consistently lock by pressing the door handle detent. Can lock with the fob when this occurs.

Still under warranty but of course never occurs at the dealership. Dealer will need to perform a 3-4 hour system diagnosis so just trying avoid most of the day at the dealer if someone has had the same problem or idea how to fix.

Thanks!
Welcome to the site! I'd recommend letting them take the time, if it is covered under warranty. Better to be out a day than to have a problem linger and worsen after the warranty expires. If there is an underlying electrical issue, then the service sets a history you can lean on. Ask them to drive you back to wherever: some dealers offer that service (drop and pick up)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will be returning to the dealer for sure. Was hopeful someone had a solution I could share with the technician.

·
3,406 Posts
For some reason this Gen 4 Runner does not get much traffic on the site. Must not be too many in the group of folks that visit.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Thanks. I will be returning to the dealer for sure. Was hopeful someone had a solution I could share with the technician.
Intermittent nightmare. The dealership hasn't a clue and will not be able to figure it out unless they can make it happen. Welcome to the world of computer controlled vehicles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I'd start by doing some simple troubleshooting.

Does it happen with both handles, or only the drivers side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
wesrick
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing