Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Corolla
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 99 corolla only came with one key and no clicker, but the weird thing is, the door key can actuate all the door locks on the car, witch leads me to believe this car originally came with a key less entry key fob and has probably become lost threw the change of owners threw the years

so my question is, what is involved in getting a Toyota key less entry remote to work correctly with ones car, I am guessing a trip to a dealer to program it, as thats the case with the fords that i use to do, but i wasn't sure if Toyota setup was different

·
Registered
99 Corolla
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but if you have power door locks, most likely the key fob will work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
same case with me, i only have the sub key, no master key coz the 1st owner said he's lost it. I have power doors on my CE but no keyless entry...but i doubt if it came with it originally

·
Registered
1994 Corolla DX
1,121 Posts
man i was so hopeing that i would be able to open all doors with the turn of 1 key on my car but it dont :`(
have you tried turning once more after you opened the driver side one? or are you saying that you wish that with one turn it would open all the doors at once?
My wife's 98 it only came with 2 keys when we bought it used. If you turn once to unlock the driver side door it only unlocks the driver side door. If you turn once again right after the first time it unlocks all the doors. My 94 corolla does the same thing..so I think yours should too?

also, on both the 98 and the 94 if I unlock the passenger side door from the outside it unlocks all the doors too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
have you tried turning once more after you opened the driver side one? or are you saying that you wish that with one turn it would open all the doors at once?
My wife's 98 it only came with 2 keys when we bought it used. If you turn once to unlock the driver side door it only unlocks the driver side door. If you turn once again right after the first time it unlocks all the doors. My 94 corolla does the same thing..so I think yours should too?

also, on both the 98 and the 94 if I unlock the passenger side door from the outside it unlocks all the doors too.
aww man i ran outside to try it but no luck :( i know these cars came with the option for this feature.... just wish mine came with it as well... i seem to have got the bare bones version of these cars :sosad: just my luck :sosad::sosad::sosad:

·
Registered
99 Corolla
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

mine does this, thats why i was curious as to if a key fob would work with the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
so my 99 corolla only came with one key and no clicker, but the weird thing is, the door key can actuate all the door locks on the car, witch leads me to believe this car originally came with a key less entry key fob and has probably become lost threw the change of owners threw the years

so my question is, what is involved in getting a Toyota key less entry remote to work correctly with ones car, I am guessing a trip to a dealer to program it, as thats the case with the fords that i use to do, but i wasn't sure if Toyota setup was different
Joeyicu,

check this site(link) out. http://www.originalkeyless.com/product.sc?categoryId=24&productId=333
The dealer price on the remote is like $100 or more, not including to program.
Hopes this helps!!

·
Registered
99 Corolla
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice, ill buy that this friday, i thought that my car came with a key fob, its just been lost between the 2 owners before me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts