Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Camry with factory keyless entry; The remote I have is integrated into the key. It's now broken; when I replace this, can I use one of the later models where the remote is separate from the key? Anyone know where I can get one? I just don't like the size of the key/remote combo. Thanks.

p.s. this is my first post; I've gotten alot of help for other issues from y'all before and this was my first instinct to try. Any help would be appreciated.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
it should be fine....check on ebay or at the dealership to find a new remote

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,073 Posts
I know that newer Lexus Models have the remote built into the system, but never any Toyotas came stock with it, not from Gen 4 anyway.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,073 Posts
I know that newer Lexus Models have the remote built into the key, but never any Toyotas came stock with it, not from Gen 4 anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure whether the system was dealer or factory installed; I'm getting the impression it was a dealer option. But I just wanted to know if anybody knew of different remotes that could be used with this system.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
Re: Re: Keyless remote w/o key?

Phi said:
I agree with DeeKay. I've never seen that type of remote offered from the factory :confused:
lol...didn't even notice that....I didn't have keyless entry from the factory at all

·
2000 TUNDRA
2000 Tundra
27 Posts
Did you get another remote fob yet? If not what are the fcc id # on the back of the key fob? Is it the 2 or 3 button fob? My guess is the 3 button FCC ID-ELVAT6B if this is it, there are a few fobs that will work ranging from next to nothing (ebay) to about $60.00 or more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tundra, my remote is the ELVAT6B remote, a 3 button one with two gray buttons and a green one. I went to the dealership and got the service manual for the securikey system and got a price quote of $75 from them for a new remote. Long story short; I was never too happy with the system, so I bought an aftermarket alarm with a remote start option (I work at circuit city as an installer) and put that in. I am so much happier, the range has more than tripled, and there are many more upgradebale features.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts