Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Taco Addict
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering which pair of subs have a cleaner/tighter sound for my 07 Double Cab. Each sub in a sealed enclosure.

Kicker Solobaric L7 8"

or

Pioneer TS-SW2541D 10"

I would like to install 2 subs with a Kicker or Pioneer amp - depending on which brand name of sub. Do I need a 2-channel amp or just a mono?

Is Rockford Fosgate any good? I see they are releasing a new shallow mount line of subs.

I know it sounds stupid, but I like the look of matching brand subs and amps. It's just a little harder to find the perfect combination. Any suggestions would be awesome!:D

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
91 Posts
Rockford Fosgate makes good quality amps for their price range. I used to have one in my last truck and it powered my 2 10" subs really well. Those subs weren't Fosgate brand though, so I can't say much about their subs. Cam2Xrunner is the resident pro on car audio, hopefully he chimes in here to help you out with the question!

·
Gil
2006 Tocama 4X4
211 Posts
I have a single Pioneer 10" enclosed and blanket packed behind the rear seat of my DC. I love the sound. It is tight and realistic. Not a hollow fake boom sound. The single 10" with a decent medium power amp and upgraded door speakers will give great bass with the Taco. I am using the stock HU.

·
My search-fu is weak!
288 Posts
I have 2 12" eD 13Kv.2 subs behind the seats in my DC. Gonna go with a larger box next time though. Right now, I have the amp mounted in between the boxes. I'm gonna try mounting the amps in the underseat compartment, and expanding the boxes in the back for better low end extension.

Check out the link for some pics of the box in construction.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnation2.php?do=view&id=4516

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Don't do Kicker subs. If I were you I'd just wait for the new JL Audio slimline 12" and 13" subs to come out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts