Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 04 toyota camry manual. I have done everything… first transmission 5th gear went completely out… second transmission 5th gear started kicking out randomly so I thought oh okay here we go. Replaced that transmission. Got it back and it still kicked out of 5th… soooooo took it back explained everything and he said okay let’s do the linkage and all that. So we’ve done the linkage and all mounts. It still has a crazy vibration on startup and still kicks me out… it cant be the transmission. Mechanic says our next step is the iac. Can that really cause this? It doesnt technically have an idle problem. Since we’ve changed everything it idles down a tad bit sometimes. Not all the time. And there seems to be a surge that happens every once in a while. But really that’s it. I plan this weekend to take off the iac and clean it or replace if needed. I’m waiting a ton of money to fix this and its driving me crazy… help…

·
2010 Camry SE V6
3,065 Posts
So I have an 04 toyota camry manual. I have done everything… first transmission 5th gear went completely out… second transmission 5th gear started kicking out randomly so I thought oh okay here we go. Replaced that transmission. Got it back and it still kicked out of 5th… soooooo took it back explained everything and he said okay let’s do the linkage and all that. So we’ve done the linkage and all mounts. It still has a crazy vibration on startup and still kicks me out… it cant be the transmission. Mechanic says our next step is the iac. Can that really cause this? It doesnt technically have an idle problem. Since we’ve changed everything it idles down a tad bit sometimes. Not all the time. And there seems to be a surge that happens every once in a while. But really that’s it. I plan this weekend to take off the iac and clean it or replace if needed. I’m waiting a ton of money to fix this and its driving me crazy… help…
The 04 is drive by wire. It doesn’t have an IAC. That really sounds like a trans issue. How are the axles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2010 Camry SE V6
3,065 Posts
I'm confused by what your explaining can you explain more?
Starting in 2002 for the Camry, they longer use a cable driven throttle. It’s an electronically controlled throttle. There is no physical connection between your pedal and the throttle. By doing that, they were able to eliminate the IAC valve and instead use the electronically controlled throttle to idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
BlackCamSe
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing