Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like there's some good deals starting to surface on the King coilovers for late model Tacomas. Can't find much about them on this forum as Donhoes seem to be the coilover de jour. The only thing I read was that there may have been some quality issues early in production. Any idea if that's been fixed? How would they compare to the Donhoes? Everything else from King that I'm familiar with has been about the best available.

Yes, I searched, but didn't find the answer I was seeking.

Jason

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
King makes some killer stuff. I would have no reservations with any of their products. I'm sure they are very comparable in terms of quality. D-hoes will give you better on road ride and feel, and will give you more comfort and control at low speeds over rough terrain because they use digressive valving in their shocks. Down side is this kind of valving is not quite as good at high speeds over rough terrain as a progressive shock. King uses a progressive or linear valved shock which provides superior control and resistance to compression over harsh terrain when traveling at high speeds. The down side to progressive valving is there is less control at lower speeds compared to digressive shock. Both will provide a dramatic improvemnt over stock you just have to choose which would be more suitable for the type of off-roading you would do. For most guys who use their truck as a daily driver as well as an off-roader the D-hoes would be a better choice. If I were to build a full on race truck though I would choose a shock with progressive valving.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks AN. I figured I couldn't go "wrong" with the Kings, but it looks like the 'Hoes would be a better fit for my application and driving habits.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts