Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11/03/14
I don't know how fast this will progress, splurged suddenly to get this because I wasn't actually expecting to find an AE86 in my price range.

Lo and behold I found one, so about a total of around 800 miles later (in the thousands if you consider the second car) here she is:

Snug as a Bug. (Have a truck coming in a few days to clean almost everything out of the garage and take it to the dump, need some 86 space)

Some assembly required (Previous owner had 100% of the dash taken apart when I got there, had to jimmyrig the speedo to work, crossed my fingers that it didn't overheat and stopped every 50-75 miles to check the oil)

That's all I have for now, happy to be part of the family!

11/05/14

Replaced all the rubber trim on the hatch, fixed the headlights so they can flip up and down without difficulty.
Fixed a few interior pieces that had slight snaps/tears (all hard plastic) and superglued them back together.

12/16/14

Previous owner had rolled into something causing the hood to be bowed.

So I surfed junk yards until I finally found an Ae86 tucked away in the back, got the hood and complete headlight modules for 100$

7/10/2015

Haven't been updating as much as I should so I'll throw you guys a few pictures to get you up to date!

Took the front bumper off because the red line on the SR5 one was bugging me.

8/13/2015

Googley eyes and got GTS bumper trim!

8/20/2015

220,000 and holding!

9/13/2015

HUGE UPDATE! Traded a few Supra parts for a 1980 Te72 Corolla Wagon with a Silvertop 20v 4AGE swap in it.
The wiring needs to get done, so it'll be a little bit before I can get it in the AE86 and running. BUT, I have it!

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,401 Posts
Nice 86! Can't wait for the silvertop to be in it! :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.