1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5sp 3VZ-FE
camry
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just the other day, my '94 rolled past
350, 000 Km!!!

Its been a commuter all its life, and starts a new one with me to university, about 100km one way.

Everything works/runs fine, I am just wondering anything that could possibly be a problem in the near future...timing belt was changed at 300, 000

thanks!

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
If you still got compression, thats good. Beware of rubbers blowing. You know like seals and hoses.
Change your fluids regularly and it may graduate with you.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
sounds like its time for a turbo :lol: :lol:

yotas rule man my 95 feels like it could go one forever but its only got a little less than 150,000 miles,
just keep changing the oil probably more frequently that usual adn never overheat it and it should be great

·
5sp 3VZ-FE
camry
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
compression should hold under regular conditions no? i havent noticed it running different....

it needs a new rad soon, and 1st gear shifts a litte rough, but thats it....still has some original bulbs! such a wonderful auto

couldn't be happier

oh! has anyone painted the grill on theirs? i tried two diff types of paint but it didnt stick properly

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Well, even Camry's wear out eventually. I think you still have about 30K on your present timing belt.

Painting, clean first with light solvent or rubbing alcohol, light sanding, wash with water and scrubbing soap. Cannot have any oil residue left.Dry thoroughly. Overnight if need be.

Then primer, one thin coat. Let dry properly.
Then a couple of thin coats of paint (minimum) with drying in between.
Use good quality paint for plastic or enamel paint at the least.(I shy away from acrylics because they don't last.)
Don't paint when there is a lot of water in the air, don't try to hide sagging by spraying more..

It should not peel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A taxi driver once told me he knows of many Camrys with 500k KMS on it before requiring any major work. I think with regular maintenance your car shud keep going for some time to come.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
amerikim said:
If you still got compression, thats good. Beware of rubbers blowing. You know like seals and hoses.
Change your fluids regularly and it may graduate with you.
Yeah, It's always a real scare when a rubber blows ;)

·
5sp 3VZ-FE
camry
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think its fairly common to have such a high mileage toyota....whenever i tell people how many kms are on it, they cannot believe it.

i think the dogbone mount needs to be replaced, i get some shudder in gear with the brake on

·
5sp 3VZ-FE
camry
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, thanks guys!

the pass. side has already, the drivers side was replaced in the winter...but school and car = no funds

1 - 11 of 11 Posts