Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 tacoma dbl cab
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide on a tire and came up with these 2. what tire you guys think is better? used as a daily driver and weekends in the mountain.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
The KM2 is a great tire, quiet on the road for a MT and great off Road capabilities.

I don't know much about the MTZ but I'm sure its comparable but still steps behind the innovations of the KM2

·
Registered
112 Posts
KM2 foshizzle

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
ive got km2's and love them!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
I've got KM2's and I love em!

wait, did I just repeat what Nathan said? hah....

If you're not used to mud tires then you probably won't think they're quiet, but they are 'quieter'

As before, don't know anything about MTZ's. The only other tire I considered was Toyo M/T's My gas mileage went down for sure, but I also went up to 285's. I just did a tuneup and whatnot though, so gas mileage has already made a rebound. I WAS getting 16, this is the first full tank since the new plugs and filters, so we'll see, I'm expecting back up to 18 if it continues as it is now.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I have the KM2's, they are great tires. They will probably last as long as the AT's.
Great performance all around, even on wet roads.

The MTZ probably won't last half as long as the KM's.

I think my next set of tires, will more than likely be the ATZ. (I just like the look)
But that probably won't be for several years. (since these tires don't seem to wear at all)

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Great performance all around, even on wet roads.
I just have to echo that one. Under 50 mph, I have yet to actually 'feel' a puddle when I drive through it. I'm actually quite impressed in that sense.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
I would have to agree with KM2's as well :D

·
Registered
2008 tacoma dbl cab
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the mtz on my titan and liked it but you guys are making it easy to pick the km2 for my taco. Auwrite!

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
heck ill emphasize what's already been said...km2's all the way. they are great for road driving for a m/t but they are even better for muddin' :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been running MTZ on the tacoma with 60,000k's on them in all kinds of conditions and highly recommend them. The tires have 1/4 tread left and I drive them hard on the mountain passes. Off road they conform really well aired down. Side biters work really well. The sipping really helps in the snow and ice on and off the road. Not bad in mud but better on the rocks and trails. I.ve driven them through a trail where it was freshly logged with really sharp branches and sharp trunks with no penetration in the sidewall. The MT/R's didn't fair as well. Hopefully BFG has improved their side-walls on the KM's cause that was their weekness. Little hum on the highway which is expected. They are as good as my Goodyear MT/R's on my 81 but with better road performance. Lots of guys run them down undah in the bush cause they're a tough tire.

check out our winter wheeling vid of some really easy trails at http://www.ct4wda.com

My white Tacoma is running the MTZ

·
Registered
347 Posts
what are your before and after mpg's.. Basically what kinda mpg hit did you take after the km2's in a 285/75/16 or 255/75/16

1 - 20 of 23 Posts