Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I was driving today and noticed there is some knocking sound coming from my car, i think it's somewhere in the engine.....coz if the car is not in motion the knocking noise is not there. So just wondering if there anything i should check it b4 taking toa mechanic. bwt how often do you need to change the fuel filter on the car....i had my for almost 3 yrs already????

Cheers :)

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
you might wanna check your oil, how long has it been since an oil change?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No nothing to do with speed as i said b4, and i just change my oil a few days ago. Speaking of oil would diff ratting cause the noise????

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
i had a serious knocking noise when i forgot to check my oil, and it was a rod banging (=low oil), i got it all fixed before it got real bad...are you sure your oil is good, and it's not leaking somehow???

if not then it may be a/some sticky valves also...if it's valves then you might wanna try gettin some Lucas oil addivtive, it should clear the sticky valves up!!

but other than that i dont know...

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
MOTOR MOUNTS. they will cause knocks if they are bad. how many miles do you have on your cam. all cars will knock if the rubber inserts in the mounts have detiriorated and the metal parts are banging together. :cool:

is it ONLY while the car is in motion?? if so, it could be a tranny mount...not a motor mount, but they serve the same purpose, just for the other main component. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts