Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to change the struts and shocks of my Highlander 2008 base with 185000 kms. I am considering KYB Strut plus from Rockauto, which is a completely assembled unit. But I heard the Strut mount and bearings from KYB are not good in these units.Has anyone installed these? My other alternative is to get OEM shocks and struts and OEM bearings only. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,696 Posts
FWIW, I put them on my MR2 and I'm extremely happy with them. I had asked for a recommendation from my neighbor who own an alignment and general repair shop. He didn't hesitate and said if KYB makes struts for the car they're working on then he'll recommend them. Said he doesn't like doing the same job twice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, I put them on my MR2 and I'm extremely happy with them. I had asked for a recommendation from my neighbor who own an alignment and general repair shop. He didn't hesitate and said if KYB makes struts for the car they're working on then he'll recommend them. Said he doesn't like doing the same job twice.
Thank you. I read good reviews about KYB struts but my concern was the strut mounts and bearings

·
Registered
2011 Highlander lmtd
104 Posts
I'm confused...you heard one thing, but claim you read good reviews. Another poster tells you his great experience and his neighbor, a mechanic's high praise...

What more are you looking for?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm confused...you heard one thing, but claim you read good reviews. Another poster tells you his great experience and his neighbor, a mechanic's high praise...

What more are you looking for?
My apologies, I should have explained it better. I heard good reviews about KYB struts used as replacements for OEM, but in case of KYB Strut Plus, which is a completely assembled unit including the strut mount, coil springs and boot kit, there were issues about Strut bearings and Strut mounts failing. I am trying to get experiences from other members who installed KYB Strut Plus as a completely assembled unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts