Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum, I've been preapproved with a check in hand. Looking to purchase by this weekend. Like most I've narrowed it down between civic 2015 and corollas 11th gen. Cvt issues comes up for both boards. Until an hour ago I came across info that 11th gen L trim corollas come equipped with 4-at transmissions. Is this correct? Why aren't users considering this as an option?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
2014-2015 L (very basic Corolla, which might answer your question) still came with 4AT. Not any more after that. There have been a firmware update to prevent "premature" wearing but despite that you won't find any statistic showing Toyota or Honda CVT more susceptible of breaking than regular AT. Some still don't like the way a CVT operates (though Toyota have fake shift points making it close to AT operation) and some are still worried after the first Nissan's units years ago (bad heat management by firmware) and tend to transfer this fear to any CVT but reliability statistics (TrueDelta, JDPowers, Consumer Reports) don't show so.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,614 Posts
Hi forum, I've been preapproved with a check in hand. Looking to purchase by this weekend. Like most I've narrowed it down between civic 2015 and corollas 11th gen. Cvt issues comes up for both boards. Until an hour ago I came across info that 11th gen L trim corollas come equipped with 4-at transmissions. Is this correct? Why aren't users considering this as an option?

Thanks
Why not get a MT?

·
Registered
'15 Camry XSE
57 Posts
If that afraid, then find 4 speed AT older model and wait another few years for more "documentation" of CVT life. The Nissan Jatco's are the "bad ones".

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,614 Posts

Thanks
So why do you ask a question and never reply? :unsure:

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,452 Posts
Get a Camry with 6 speed AT, "bulletproof" per YouTube mechanic.
People complained about the 6-speed much like how they complained about the 8-speed and they even complained about the 5-speed and they probably even complained about the 4-speed back in the 90s but I would not know about it. In the end, I think a lot of it is the "feel" and what feels normal to others is not normal to everyone else so who is right and who is wrong? I try to keep an open mind and am willing to accept the nature of the beast unless that beast is attacking me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts