Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quote for installing the Toytec ultimate lift and Total Chaos UCAs as $420 plus $70 for alignment. $490 total.

Thoughts?

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
that's total labor for the entire lift, front and rear and the arms? to me it sounds like an entire days worth of work, and if you have the money, sounds quite affordable. I value the little amount of free time i get and if someone could do all that for me in one day, for less than $500, i would certainly let them.

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
well, think of it this way, thats 6 hours of labor at $70/hr. for that whole lift, sounds about right, maybe just a little high?

is there any way you can do it yourself, or w/ some buddies? its always fun to do something like this yourself. great learning experience and satisfaction knowing you did everything yourself.

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, think of it this way, thats 6 hours of labor at $70/hr. for that whole lift, sounds about right, maybe just a little high?

is there any way you can do it yourself, or w/ some buddies? its always fun to do something like this yourself. great learning experience and satisfaction knowing you did everything yourself.
I'm no wrench and really don't have a lot of free time. Plus, these guys are pros and I figure it would get done right.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I paid $300 to have my SAW 2.5's, Camburg UCA's, and diff. drop put in, plus a $60 alignment. That's front end only.

The rear was another $100 in labor, I believe, for a 1'' block and 5100's.

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
I'm no wrench and really don't have a lot of free time. Plus, these guys are pros and I figure it would get done right.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:
well, the only time i went to the "pros" they stripped a bolt and it ended up taking them 5 hours in install a front coil spacer.....reason why i do everything i can myself, even with the little time i have.

just make sure you go to a good shop.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
I agree that it's easy to install UCAs and lift if you have tools. However, if you aren't already familiar with your front suspension it may take you a bit longer...several hours or half a day. You'll need to get acquainted. It's straight forward, though. Don't spend $300-500 on it. It's a good opportunity to learn about your truck.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I would say do it yourself but it a MUST to have a second hands. They say the front is easy to push down the LC arm when installing the new shocks/springs/coils and that is total BS. I learned the hard way and had to wait for my dad to come home and help push it down when I pushed the new spring and 5100 in. As for the rear make sure you have some good C-clamps. They are a must when installing an AAL. You need 2 jack stands and having 2 jacks makes things easier. I broke everything up in 2 days and it takes easy 4 hrs. plus taking your time. I am anal and didn't want to mess anything up...plus drinking beers and taking breaks slows things down. LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts