Toyota Nation Forum banner

lack of high end power

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  V6LE_CAMRY 
#1 ·
Anyone notice how the high rpm power drops off after about 5800 rpm? Is it just my engine? What is that? Too much exhaust backpressure, intake restriction, or is it valvetrain?:confused:

94' 1MZ

Discussion starter · #5 ·
That is true, however both my MR2 and Supra will pull all of the way to the red without falling off but the Camry will not. Could be the difference between GE and FE heads I guess. I wanted to know whether or not this was a problem with my engine, or characteristic to the 1MZ. If it is characteristic to the 1MZ, what is the restriction?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
The power doesn't drop off. It just feels like the engine is only spinning after that and not pulling. It's hard to explain I guess. It feels like it's giving up toward the top. It's not something I am used to in my other vehicles.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I have no mods at all. I was considering an intake and exhaust but from what I read here, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Then again, maybe it will. From what I see under the car, the exhaust doesn't seem to be that impeded. I am starting to hear that the 1MZ is just this way, so perhaps it is what it is.:sosad: Just feel bad that I have so many revs left to go....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.