Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5" suspension lift now and I am wanting to add another 2" body lift. My mods are in the sig. Stock gears. Im wondering what I need to do to be able to run 35s. What do you guys think?

thanks in advance!

Josh

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
auto or manny? What's you original gearing? eihter way, might want to start looking into the next 2 size 's larger for you diff's :)

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual tranny and 4.10 gearing
Hey rivethead where can I see some pics of your truck? I love that thing!

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
definitely gears and really should consider brake upgrades as well.

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What gears would be best if I still drive on the hwy some?

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What gears would be best if I still drive on the hwy some?

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
next step up wuld be to 4.30's fro the 33's would make life nice, then 4.56's if you go up to 35's. My opinion of course.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
With the 2" bl you shouldn't have any problem clearing the 35's...

I'm planning on a 4-5" superlift kit and a 3" bl to get me on top of some 36x13.50's here shortly, hopefully.

As far as gears, I'm going to go with 5.29's in my truck but i don't drive highway much in it anymore. Going by a chart I saw, 5.29's should put the 36" tires in the same gear range as the stock 28" tires were that came on the truck. In my situation, the truck has been so underpowered for so long that I can't wait to get some zip back into it.

Not only that but I happened to stumble on to a 3rd that Zuk had set up with 5.29's in it that he was selling for a fair price and jumped all over it. Now I just need to find a front.

Here's the chart I looked at witht he gear ratios.

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
a 2 in body lift should clear 35's and you shouldnt have a problem. people normally shoot for 7in of total lift to fint 35's.

Cam

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That will work great cause i have a 5" suspension and I am insyalling the 2" bl. I may leave the 33s on for a while until they are worn out haha. Thanks for the input guys!! I guess I will go with 4.88s :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts