Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just driven the red '99 LE into the shop.
Disassembly starts NOW!!
If you want pics or vid of how something fits together; how it should be; or whatever, NOW is the time to ask. This car runs perfectly; the body looks like a teenage girl was driving it by ear (well, that is the truth, she did), not a body part unmarked. So, it's a parts car.

Also, most of the parts are going to be tossed, I have far, far too many spares to effieciently store them, and no longer believe that it will be necessary.

Thank you,
Jeff

P.S. It's an LE, no ABS, no remote entry. Aftermarket leather and aftermarket sunroof. Around 200K, I didn't care enough to write it down...

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,723 Posts
Juat curious but who did the sunroof/leather? If you know

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, as a matter of fact, I received all the paperwork on the car from original purchase.
Classic Soft Trim did the leather
The sunroof is a Vermeulen Hollandia brand, and was apparently installed by Chris from Autovation. The phone number might not be accurate, anymore.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a "no parts left" car.
This IS a tough crowd. I offer free photos and vid to assist in repairs, PLUS free parts, and - crickets.

I tried, I really did.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
If you are looking to give parts away, head here. In that same gerneral area you can post up if you want to sell any of the parts. When you say "toss", do you mean sell the scrap to get some money? as an alternative you can donate the car to various charities for a tax write-off. They can sell the parts to help fund some of their efforts. If it runs perfect I would sell it - always someone out there that wants a parts car intact.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You perhaps misunderstood me. I need this engine. I don't need much else. When I'm done, it will not be recognizable as a car. And the parts I don't want, I'm gonna toss, as in garbage, scrapping the sheetmetal. Today, the non metal from cowl forward went in the bins for the garbage tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,439 Posts
A local recycler not only came and picked up but also paid me $150 for my scrap body shell with some boxes of scrap parts inside.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one might have an 'accident'
with a sawzall, and end up in the bed of my truck, on the way to the metal scrappers...

·
Registered
553 Posts
This one might have an 'accident'
with a sawzall, and end up in the bed of my truck, on the way to the metal scrappers...
Before you do that at least check your local junk yards to see how much they will give you. Scrap metal sadly isn't worth as much as it used to be and you might get a better deal and not have to load stuff up and drop it off.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
1,439 Posts
yeah, I skipped having to cut mine up, and having to haul it anywhere, and made some money (it was a win, win, win for me). The flatbed was able to load it easily, in spite of no suspension or wheels.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Junkyards here will not give any money if they have to pick up a shell. I know from experience.
Plus, a sawzall is manly fun!!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
4,718 Posts
Junkyards here will not give any money if they have to pick up a shell. I know from experience.
Plus, a sawzall is manly fun!!
You get +1,000 man points if you do all the cutting with a Dremmel. Of course you may wind up with no eyes and God knows what injuries from the shattering cut off wheels, hence the large amount of points awarded. On the flip side the Darwin Award points also go up, which tends to not be a good thing. Unless you have a beer and say "hold my beer" or "watch this" immediately prior, then you get a bonus +75 Florida Man points.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Fuck it, use a hacksaw.

·
short-throw dipstick
6,241 Posts
OP, if you still have it can you remove the HVAC box and see if there's a nice slot that could be populated with a cabin air filter like on the gen3? Dremel out the side "cover" if you can. Would appreciate it, I just junked my '00 shell, time and space constraints meant I couldn't pull it.

·
RHD is cool
toyota camry ’97 RHD
91 Posts
Is this a 5SFE if yes how much for the engine, loom and ECU?

·
Registered
Toyotas.
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Engine is spoken for.
ECU is non-ABS, three connector, P/N 89661-06671 (yes, 5SFE/auto)
Of which loom are you speaking?? The engine loom??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts