Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here for awhile as you guys can see. No long own the Camry but just wanted to drop by and say HI to the second gen owners. I'm kind pondering the of finding another 2 gen in the near future. Still rockin' the Z tho...

Anyways, here's a picture of her before the hit and run accident...

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,669 Posts
Welcome back. Lots of changes since you have been around...

I crashed my white Camry is 5/03 and got another one late that year... It now has a 3rd gen 3s-gte in it, and I have an Alltrac Camry too...

-Charlie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I crashed my white Camry is 5/03 and got another one late that year... It now has a 3rd gen 3s-gte in it, and I have an Alltrac Camry too...

-Charlie

Wow, that's what I want. A 2nd gen All-trac 5 speed with a 3sgte. How hard was the swap? And how much did it cost? Have any more pictures?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,669 Posts
Wow, that's what I want. A 2nd gen All-trac 5 speed with a 3sgte. How hard was the swap? And how much did it cost? Have any more pictures?
If you start with a 5-speed Alltrac Camry, it should be a bolt-in affair. Wiring is a challenge, but if you have both diagrams, you can match everything up carefully. I spent around $6k on my swap, which includes the ST205 front clip with a bunch of parts included, KAAZ LSD, a bunch of maintenance parts and a few other things. I did all the work myself except installing the LSD into the transmission when it was converted to FWD.

I will be moving most all of the stuff over to the Alltrac, but that will be a little later - I'm working a lot more on my WRX at the moment - timing belt, coilovers and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also enjoying having a nice quiet, stock, clean low mileage gen2 for a while. :D

-Charlie

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,669 Posts
Teaser of the Alltrac (the only picture I have uploaded!):

The 3s-gte Camry is tough on axles:

And here's the only asian model I could find to pose on my car: :lol:

In progress:

-Charlie

·
UNDUL8
88Camry/87Starion
19 Posts
body kit looks nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts

-Charlie
WOOOOOWWWWW!!!!! :eek:

I want to do that to my 90 LE. With the 3sgte, does the cam have to be a AWD or can I do it with it being FWD???

·
Registered
732 Posts
WOOooo Charlie...! Your camry never looked so SEXYYY.

SIDENOTE: motor mount question: Will the 3SFE and the 1mz-Fe do they share the same motor mounts?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,669 Posts
WOOooo Charlie...! Your camry never looked so SEXYYY.

SIDENOTE: motor mount question: Will the 3SFE and the 1mz-Fe do they share the same motor mounts?
Nope... but the engine fits nicely in the engine bay anyway. And depending on transmission, 3 out of 4 can be bolt-on mounts. The engine timing belt side will need a custom mount.

-Charlie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts