Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think I read somewhere before that the Canadian trucks don't need the TSB.... But I haven't really looked into it, so I could be wrong. I'm curious to know though.

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
It was/is rumored that Canadian trucks already have the 4 leaf springs on their trucks now.

Per Toyota, you should be able to haul the same amount as the people that are getting the TSB done. They have not and legally can not specify a new amount for those that do not have the TSB. If they come out and say that without the TSB you can only haul 300 lbs, then they could be sued (happened with my Dakota R/T).

Long story short, you can haul the limits set by Toyota whether you have the TSB done or not.

·
Just pin it, Ya' fairy!
08 tacoma
123 Posts
07 and up Canadian tacoma's came with the tsb leafs, they were installed as soon as the trucks got to the lot. i hauled about 700lbs of rock in my bed sunday and was about 2 inches away from my bumpstops, and didn't hit when driving home. fyi i have a double cab long box.

·
Registered
'08 Double Cab
41 Posts
I've loaded a yard of topsoil (1200lbs) without bottoming.

·
Registered
Black 2006 DC LB
92 Posts
I know my canadian '06 SR5 doublecab only has the three-leaf packs but thus far it has not proven to be an issue. Perhaps when I get a hitch installed I'll notice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts