Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a puddle under my car one day so I tried to track down the issue. I am assuming it is brake fluid since it is a yellowish color. I got under the car and it seems that it is leaking from the metal lines right beside the cat. The lines are obviously going to the rear brakes, as they are protected by some type of black shield. But it seems to be leaking right where the shield is open and you can see the lines...Does anyone have any idea why it would be leaking right there??

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know they don't rot. The only thing I can think of is maybe there is a connection there somewhere that I can't see?? I have checked all the fluids and they are all fine. Nothing is low. Now I am not automotive dummy, but this is not motor oil, and it's not coolant either, that's why I said Brake Fluid as it was the only other fluid left(of that general yellowish color).

I will try to get a picture of it tonight and maybe someone can share some insight...

Thanks
Brad

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
They DO rot.. after all they're metal, water causes rust on metal, which eventually breaks away and stuff leaks out. Change them, what's the point of trying to figure out "why". :dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,691 Posts
i see rotten rusted through and burst brake lines all of the time. if you've got a puddle under the car you NEED to check the master resivoir and keep fluid in it or else you'll have NO brakes at all. this needs to be fixed and fixed correctly as_soon_as_possible.

im surprised you didnt post about your sinking brake pedal?

·
Registered
414 Posts
i see rotten rusted through and burst brake lines all of the time. if you've got a puddle under the car you NEED to check the master resivoir and keep fluid in it or else you'll have NO brakes at all. this needs to be fixed and fixed correctly as_soon_as_possible.

im surprised you didnt post about your sinking brake pedal?
yup exactly what happened to me, brakes lines got rust, fluid kept leaking till one day, im braking and bam, it goes all the way to the floor, found out brakes lines went bad due to rust, then mastercylinder gave up due to no brake fluid, so yea it was bad, better get it looked at asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts