Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 months ago.This used,Toyota camry 2000 CE (2.2 liter,4 door,auto,power) have 133000 km.Person told me he did all maintenance like cahnged new timing belt,water pump etc.But last week I found some oil leaking under front side,now every day.I went to amco transmission and next week to Mr. Transmisson.Both told transmission was ok but a small oil was leaking from Pan gaskit and transmission bottom site.Is any other place from where oil can leak on this position.Now please let me know what is the cause and ,If I get new gas kit for both leaking spot ,will it stop for ever or it could happen again.Who are best tech to do.Different peoples told me different prices.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,865 Posts
first off, it is oil you are leaking and not trans fluid, correct? it is a little difficult to spot an oil leak because any seals that leak above the oil pan will drool onto the oil pan in the gasket area. on the transmission side of the oil pan there are 2 common places for oil to leak from your motor - distributor o-ring and the valve cover gasket. if you can, clean off the areas with oil and see where the highest point is where the oil is coming from.

no seal will last forever, but you can stop oil leaks for easily another 133k kms.

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
I'd clean the engine (simple green works well, and some brushes, any kind). And THEN try to find the leak. Otherwise in my experience it turns into a guessing game to find this leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts