Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a new factory Liquicell leather kit from a member here and have the fronts installed so far. I installed heater kits as well in both front seats. I still need to do the rears and install the pre-upholstered door inserts.

I have an '09 lower dash section coming with the 3 extra switch locations. Since the holes are smaller, my initial plan is to just get the blanks and install my round switches for now. I'm gonna see what it will take to install the larger OEM switches and eventually use some OEM seat heater switches.

It took me 3 hrs per seat to remove existing cloth and install heating pads and new Leather skins. I re-installed using hog rings just like the original. It's not extremely difficult, but very tedious and my hands were quite sore for a day afterwards.

When all said and done, I paid $375 for the leather, and $125 for (2) two panel seat heater kits.

I love the smell of Leather in the morning!!

Marc M

·
DOMINICAN TACOMA
06 tacoma dc
190 Posts
looks good ,but if im not mistaken u can heat up the leather with a hair dryer and the leather will shrink.......or so i was told before....that way u can take some of the wrinkles out

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Id be interested to know if that will shrink at all?

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia SR5
88 Posts
Looks great, that was the first thing I did to my Taco, but I got a set of Katskin from ebay at 300 dlls, and installed them myself, after one year, the only think I dont like is that the leather is starting to wear right above where the lumbar support knob is, it looks like everytime I get in and out it the leather rubs on it (and besides, I weight 280 lbs, so I guess that doesnt help either) and know it has a scratch mark and it looks like it will tear on that place, I am looking to see if I can add a small piece of leather there to reinforse that area, but untill then, I will have to live with it.

But leather is great, its simple to clean and if you do regular maintenance on it, it will last for years, I had leather on my old Yukon and loved it, thats why I installed leather on the taco.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could you shoot me a PM and tell me who you got the Liquicell from. I want to do the same and have not been able to find a genuine Liquicell kit anywhere.....

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
I have a little more than a year with mine and no shrinkage at all.
I was thinking more along the lines of it being good if it shrank a little.

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
looks comfy.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
'09 DC LB Sport+Leather
208 Posts
Looks sharp!

I just got a '09 with leather (factory) and I really love the leather and heating.

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
1,023 Posts
Awesome Job...now Ditch Those Oem All Weather Mats For Some Weathertech Ones And You're Golden.

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could you shoot me a PM and tell me who you got the Liquicell from. I want to do the same and have not been able to find a genuine Liquicell kit anywhere.....
I actually bought the kit on this forum from a member selling it so he could trade in his truck for a Tundra. He said he bought it directly from the Toyota dealership. The kit is made by Bartlett leather.

looks comfy.Nathanycart1201
Oh they certainly are !

Awesome Job...now Ditch Those Oem All Weather Mats For Some Weathertech Ones And You're Golden.
I've been thinking about them lately, these just don't hold up to your heel very well.

Those look really comfy
It's like sitting in your favorite leather recliner.

Will you please tell me where I can buy this leather kit????Thanks!
Please see above response.

Can I see a pic of the pre-upholstered door inserts ?
I will take a picture tonight and post it.

Marc M

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for the delay, but here are the pictures requested:

Marc M

·
Registered
'06 Tacoma PreRunner
527 Posts
Thanks for the pics, how did they instruct you to install ? Do they use screws to connect the armrest to the door panel like our 'armrest mod' ?

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the pics, how did they instruct you to install ? Do they use screws to connect the armrest to the door panel like our 'armrest mod' ?
No instructions with the kit, but it did come with screws to re-attach them to the door panels.

Marc M

1 - 20 of 24 Posts