Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a complete set of leather seat covers for my car. they are the custom fit kind that have me remove the cloth seats. from what I read, i think the install will be fairly easy but just time consuming. Any tips?

P.s. The seats were only $400. They are available in beige and gray leather for 97-01 camry's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea here are the link's if anyone wants to order them. The company has a very good reputation and now they are on ebay.

1997-2001 camry seats for 385 plus 15 for shipping(beige and gray available)--here

2002-2003 camry seats 325 plus 15 for shipping(taupe and dark charcoal available--here

1999-2003 solara seats 325 plus 15 shipping(charcoal color only)--here

I'll be the guinea pig and let you guys know how well the seats are manufactured and the quality of the product.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Install is a bitch, be prepared to get blisters, I had never seen so many hog rings in my life :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got an idea from a friend of mine. He said i should use zip ties instead of hog rings because they are move forgiving and easier to deal with.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Jettdawg said:
i got an idea from a friend of mine. He said i should use zip ties instead of hog rings because they are move forgiving and easier to deal with.
I'd have to recommend that as well. You still have to cut a million hog rings to get the old ones off. I didn't have the cable ties and I wanted to get it done so I just re-used the hog rings, but if I could do it again I'd get some nice heavy duty zip ties instead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea now i know how many hogrings there were :( oh well its pretty easy to do. the only hard part is to find out how to get everything off without breakin it. I luckily figured out how to remove the back seat bolsters without breaking them. If anyone has any ?'s about seat installs let me know. its fairly easy. took me about 2 hours just to remove all the hogrings and about the same to put on the new seats. so in all i say about 4 hours to install. like i said, you shouldnt be intimidated by this job its very very easy, just time consuming and tedious.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Jettdawg said:
like i said, you shouldnt be intimidated by this job its very very easy, just time consuming and tedious.
Unless you re-use the hog rings ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts