Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed my steering wheel has 2 different colors now, this is for the wheel part, not the airbag / horn part.

The sides where your hands hold the wheel turned a bit brown-ish, and the rest is still black, what gives? :confused:

The brown-ish part is evenly spread out though, even on the areas that I rarely touched, and I always clean my hands before touching it. :headbang:

How do you clean it? And is it normal? My leather shift knob is fine, and I always rest my hand on it. :ugh3:

I took off the cover for a while, but my car is only 3 months old, and I have full tinted windows.

Damn it! :headbang:

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
ew steering wheel cover.

can you take a picture of your steering wheel?

It shouldn't have faded... Try using some products to restore the gloss.. I'm almost 100% positive its not faded.. You only had the car for 3 months.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ew steering wheel cover.

can you take a picture of your steering wheel?

It shouldn't have faded... Try using some products to restore the gloss.. I'm almost 100% positive its not faded.. You only had the car for 3 months.
LOL

Should I try like a Leather Re-Conditioner or something? Do you know a good one?

I hope it's not faded too man. :sosad:

I'll take some pics after work today.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Miguiars Rich Leather should bring it back to life..i use it on my seats and everything else that's leather....even my couch in my house!

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Remember I used to have the slip on one?

I took it off for a few weeks, and now this happen.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why have the leather steering wheel only to install a cheapo cover over it??? Maybe some crap leached from the cover into the leather. :confused:
If I had my cover on the whole time, I don't think this will happen. ;)

I took it off that's why.

Hey isn't the wipes better than spray?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.