Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a cat, can I leave the AC on and lock the doors. Will someone be able to break the window and drive off?

·
6,144 Posts
Yes. As you will have to leave engine running. And the thing about those cars is - you step out with engine running, someone else can get in and drive car away until it runs out of gas.
That's the reality. Unless thye changed it for the late models. But I am not the only one who noticed that and actually even left system on few times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I googled and found a reddit response. Replier claimed:

(1) leave engine on (2) lock door from inside (3) open door with handle (4) close door and lock with metal key.

This would lock the car with it running. But if someone broke the window, he could drive til the gas runs out or to the next destination.

It would not be obvious that the car is on until the engine restarts to charge the batteries, or someone at night sees dash lights. I could dim the dash lights.

I could put a gps tracker to retrieve a stolen car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It would not be obvious that the car is on until the engine restarts to charge the batteries, or someone at night sees dash lights. I could dim the dash lights.
With the AC on it would be obvious that the car is still running even with the engine off as the AC compressor/fan are still making noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts