Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys...5th gen trail here.

other than draining your battery ..any issue woth leaving yorlur igniton in the "on" position without starting the car...

left on for 4 hrs... after discovering this
..i immediately started the ignitiom andnshe started right up..no issues

busted out MM and batt was at 12.12

she is on a battery tender at the moment

other than battery drain..
any issues with leaving ignition in ON positiom without starting engine

please

·
My Other Truck
3,777 Posts
None that I'm aware of, but I'm no expert. Back in the day, before electronics ruled the world, most automotive ignition systems used a set of contact points. Depending on the position the points were in when the engine was shut off, they could 'burn' if the key was left on for extended periods. To the best of my knowledge, there are no such issues with electronic ignitions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None that I'm aware of, but I'm no expert. Back in the day, before electronics ruled the world, most automotive ignition systems used a set of contact points. Depending on the position the points were in when the engine was shut off, they could 'burn' if the key was left on for extended periods. To the best of my knowledge, there are no such issues with electronic ignitions.
thanks...thats what ive been seeing on other postings....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
goingfor300k
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing