Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LED Clock on 2000 Camry staying in dim mode after stereo install or led light installs I am not sure if its related, but it seems my led clock now is stuck in dim mode, but my headlights are off, DRL on, and the brightness all the way up. If I turn the parking lights on, it flickers bright briefly an goes back to dim again. Is this just a bad clock suddenly?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Those clocks tend to burn out. My clock is the same way. I've heard that bad resistors might be the problem, or the display unit itself might have gone bad.
Taking that LED clock out is a PITA though. The last time I tried to take one of the 4th gen clocks out, I had to damn near remove the entire dashboard!
Only fix it if you feel adventurous IMHO

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those clocks tend to burn out. My clock is the same way. I've heard that bad resistors might be the problem, or the display unit itself might have gone bad.
Taking that LED clock out is a PITA though. The last time I tried to take one of the 4th gen clocks out, I had to damn near remove the entire dashboard!
Only fix it if you feel adventurous IMHO
Ouch, didn't think it was that hard. I recall taking the instruments out one time, but never messed with the clock. :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
The instrument cluster itself is much easier to remove, since some of those bulbs need to be replaced along with regular maintainence.
I think you'll need to get access to an All-Data exploded view diagram of the front dashboard in order to take out that clock safely without damaging the fragile dash plastic. THe vinyl is pretty thin and very easy to ruin.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't look too bad. :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Damn THAT one came out easy! Last clcok on a 4th gen I pulled out, one of the tabs broke and ripped out some vinyl with it!

Well if you're good with soldering, then reconnecting those resistors will fix the issue.

My CR-V had the exact same issue.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn THAT one came out easy! Last clcok on a 4th gen I pulled out, one of the tabs broke and ripped out some vinyl with it!

Well if you're good with soldering, then reconnecting those resistors will fix the issue.

My CR-V had the exact same issue.
I am pretty good, got my own solder station. Will attempt it or buy another for $15 on ebay. Guess I'll have to think on that one. :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do the DIY. Just make sure you get matching solder. It looks like leaded (since it is shiny).
The satisfaction is worth it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts